Chapter 3

The first day of school and already I was in a fight. “Hey the person who wins gets a kiss from me!!!” Elizabeth yelled. “Oh and the last chocolate ice cream.” Tim yelled.

“Come on white boy!!!” “You afraid of making the first move?” I blurted out. “Oh!!!!” Veronica teased. I could see the anger in Markus’s eyes. He ran towards me with a closed fist. I blinked and teleported, Markus ran into the window. He turned around like nothing happened. He started running again. He came closer I swung my fist and hit him, there was no effect. He returned with an uppercut and sent me flying in the direction of the TV. “Mathias save the TV.” Tim yelled. Instead of crashing into the TV I was moved to the side and then dropped. I looked up Mathias had caught me. “Nice job man.” Tim smiled. “Oh Simon watch out.... Oh too late.” Mathias slowly walked away. Markus was on top of me swinging his fists. “Yo my man, find your hidden power.” “Tim he wasn’t there remember, he died.” “Oh yeah my bad, yo Simon, you have to look inside of you and find your hidden power.” “How?” “It will be like a voice in your head.”  I listened and waited, suddenly a voice came to me. “Let me in, allow me to help you.” I said yes in my mind. Suddenly everything went dark. It was like I didn’t have control of my body.

After what seemed like an hour, I received conciseness. I was on my knees with fists covered in blood. I got up quickly, I looked around, no one was celebrating anymore and they all looked scared. I looked to the clock in the room; it had only been three minutes. I looked down, Markus was covered in blood. I ran towards the last room the one closest to the door, I opened the door went inside then locked it. The room had a long horizontal window, a bed, a TV and table with a chair. I placed my head down on the pillow and started crying. I had spilled my first blood, I wasn’t innocent anymore and to make matters worse I was scared it was like I was possessed.

I heard heavy thudding as someone ran down the hall. ‘Knock, knock, knock.’ “Hey Simon, it’s okay, Markus is fine, we brought him back to life, everyone died at least once today, it was a fight to the death anyways.” Tim yelled out. Some more thudding was heard. “Yo man don’t be sad, it’s all goods, someone actually bet me, good job.” “Hey it’s Veronica, want to let me in, we can talk about it.” I couldn’t answer, I felt like a monster.

I felt a hand rub against my shoulder, I got up fast, and I was now sitting on the bed. “Hey it’s okay.” I looked at Elizabeth, no words came to me. She touched my shoulder. I quickly pushed her of. “Please, I insist.” She placed her hand on my shoulder once again. “You lost control, you let a spirit enter your body, you, you’re a… Shaman.” “How did you do that?” “I’m a mind reader and I can turn transparent, that’s how I got in.” “What’s a Shaman?” “Well Shamanisim is meant to be a gift that no longer exists, it was genocide. But the group of people who had this gift were great heroes; they could call upon as many spirits as they wanted to. Basically when you allow a spirit to enter your body, you gain their strength speed and knowledge, you become one, perfect unison. But there are bad spirits who lure in good Shamans, to do their bidding. The moment you allow an evil spirit to come into your body, it becomes a battle of will power and strength.”

Elizabeth used her hand to wipe the tears from my eyes and wrapped me in her arms. “Claim your prize.” I leant in for the kiss, it was like electricity it was such an amazing feeling. She giggled “I’m your first kiss, your good for your first time.” She grabbed my hand we walked to the door, opened it and walked outside. Elizabeth let go. Markus came and gave me a bro hug. So did Tim and Mathias. Then Veronica and Rachelle came to hug me. “You’ll never guess who’s a Shaman.” “No way freaking way, good job man.” “Ha, ha cry of the wolf, hooooo.” Mathias howled. “What?” I smiled. “Oh, man you have to get around, wolves as in werewolves and Shamans are supposed to be enemies. “ “Really?” “But man I like you aha, must just be a legend.”

I turned around to face the window and there watching me was a robbed figure. I pointed. “Oh get prepared!!!” Tim yelled. “Why?” “When the robbed figure appears, it symbolizes attack of the dorms, when we do combat with everyone else in the woods, It’s for fun and games though.” Mathias explained. “Everyone get you last bit of slushy and nachos.” Markus yelled.