Set up

Ch 8: Set up

Xoxo

Draco and Hermione had stayed up half the night setting up their plan. Since they were both prefects, Filtch didn't question there motives when he saw them roaming the halls past curfew. The slimy old man figured they were doing night watch, which made his job easier.

The two entered the hall where the 'incident' happened. Going straight to work. Draco poured the familiar pink liquid on the ground in a circle, while Hermione casted an enchantment that would only allow Pansy and one other person to enter. It was a very tricky spell, but the outcome would definitely make their plan go smoother. The enchantment created an illusion, that the caster created, drawing the intended target toward it.

The enchantment also made the other students want to avoid that certain spot.

Once both intended victims passed over the pink line, the Weasley product would activate, and Hermione's illusion would fall. Everything was planned out perfectly. However there was only one problem.

They had no idea who would be joining Pansy in the little circle of doom. The two had tossed a few names around with no luck.

"Well Granger who should it be? We need to set it up so that they enter the circle." Draco said.

Hermione glanced up at him, admiring the way the moonlight shined on him. It made his pale skin, and platinum blonde hair glow.

'Snap out of it!' she scolded herself.

"Well Malfoy who is the last person Pansy would want to kiss?" She wondered.

"the Weasel."

"No!"

"Potter?"

"No!"

"Longbottom?"

"Absolutely not! Draco this is not the time for you to get revenge on my friends!" The boy sighed.

"However," Hermione continued "you know Pansy better than I do, so you choose who she should kiss. Just leave my friends out of it. Please."

She looked up at him with her big doe eyes, her bottom lip pouting slightly. Draco growled at himself, reluctantly agreeing.

"Oi off to bed!" The caretaker yelled, Miss Noris purring beside him. The old man had come out of nowhere startling Hermione. She squeaked, jumping towards Draco.

Then just as quickly as he appeared Filtch was gone. 'Crazy old man'

"Come on Draco choose a person so we can finish the enchantment and head back."

Draco stood staring off into space for a minute then the idea popped into his head. 'Of course!' he thought 'this would be the perfect time to get back at him.' His eyes lit up evilly.

Draco's grin got devilishly darker. He quickly muttered the rest of the illusion enchantment, Hermione had started. When he finished, he grasped Hermione's hand, (causing the curly haired girl to blush) leading her back to their common room.

Tomorrow would be a very rewarding day.

/\/\/\/\/\/

Something was off. Pansy didn't know what it was, but something was definitely off. She felt as if something bad was going to happen today. She had a nagging feeling in the back of her head, which told her to stay in bed, her stomach felt uneasy.

'I should stay in today,' she thought to herself. 'perhaps I have a test or something.' She easily made up her mind. She would ditch and stay in the common room until the nagging feeling went away. changing into something comfortable, Pansy grabbed the newest addition of Witches Weekly, then sat on the grey leather couch in the common room.

Many Slytherins passed her, but she paid them no mind, she was engrossed in the newest fashion trend. That was until a familiar blond caught her eye.

Draco passed in front of her, strutting around the dungeon with an arrogant smirk on his face. "See you in class." He spoke nodding in her direction.

And just like that, Pansy found herself getting ready for Potions, all nagging feelings forgotten.

Xoxoxo

Draco had refused to tell Hermione who he choose. He enjoyed teasing her, so he calmly told her she would have to wait and see. That pissed her off.

See Hermione wasn't very patient, she hated not knowing the unknown, and somehow Draco had figured that out.

She bugged him numerous times in Ancient Ruin (since they were partners in that class) hoping to get something out of him.

Nothing the stupid Git didn't even acknowledge her. She huffed in annoyance, her hand furiously scribbling the notes down.

Finally, after an antagonizing two hours the giant bell chimed symbolizing the beginning of lunch.

Ok so I am dead tired, but I wanted to get this finished so I could post it, so if there are any grammar mistakes, I apologize.

Question:

Who do you think Pansy will be stuck with??

I love reading your guy's comments. Thanks for reading/voting/commenting! you guys are the best :)
~Bel_Jackson