Revenge

Hey guys here's chapter 5!! Thank you for all the votes and views you guys are awesome!!

Ch 5: Revenge
Xoxo

The next day Hermione successfully avoided Ron and Harry. She felt bad about avoiding Harry, he had seemed calm about the whole situation, but when her and Ron got into a fight, Harry always has a hard time choosing between the two, and often unintentionally ended up on Ron's side. Not that it bothered her much, he and Ron have been friends the moment they first stepped into the Hogwarts Express. Besides Ginny had taken her side, which meant that Ginny was mad at Harry.

Honestly it was a big headache. She honestly just didn't want to deal with any of them.

She skipped lunch, and headed to the common room for a bit of light reading. Hopefully it would help clear her mind. Hermione walked down the corridor and past a group of Hufflepuff girls. They were whispering amongst themselves giggling, until they spotted her. They abruptly stopped and started as she walked toward her dorm. As she passed them they started laughing again.

"Bet she's off to go shag Malfoy!" She heard one of them whisper, the others cackling around her.

"Wouldn't be surprised." another giggled,

"Who knew Granger was a slag?"

Her hand clenched into fist as trembled in anger. How could they even think she would do something like that? She kissed Draco. Kiss! Not shag, there was a fine line between the two. She groaned in annoyance and muttered dragondots. The portrait slid open and Hermione slipped in.

It's like fourth year all over again, except the entire Hogwarts student body was Rita Skeeter. She thought as she stormed to her usual chair and plopped down, oblivious to blonde who sat on the couch. She grumbled under her breath cursing the person who set up the enchantment.

Draco who sat with a small cup of tea in his hands smirked at her rage. "Something wrong Granger?" he took a sip, waiting for her answer.

"Yes! Apparently we're shagging!" There was a series of choking sounds, followed by wheezing.

Hermione turned around just in time to see Malfoy clear his throat

"What?!"

She rolled her eyes. "Everyone thinks were shagging now." She put her head in her hands. "It was a stupid kiss! One kiss and everything gets blown out of proportion. I'm so sick and tired of the rumors."

"Well this is Hogwarts." He mused.

Her lip twitched in amusement. "You're right."

"I know."

She rolled her eyes.

"You know what I do when someone gets me angry, Granger?" He asked.

"Pick on first years? Start rumors about Harry, pick fights with Ron, piss me off, abuse your power as head boy and take points from other houses, hex p-" she listed off.

He cut her off "besides that Granger."

"What?"

"I get even." He answered, a mischievous smile tugging on his lips.

"How Sytherin of you."

He ignored her last comment and pressed on. "So what do you say Granger?"

"I'm not going to hex everyone who-"

He cut her off once again. "Not everyone, just the person who put the enchantment over us. And I have something far worse than hexing. After all it's their fault the rumors started. You know my fellow Slytherins think you've tied me down. That I've entered a relationship and am now whipped. It's definitely messing with my reputation." He sighed dramatically.

"Aww you poor thing," she said sarcastically.

"It's also their fault you're fighting with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum." He shot back.

She glared at him for insulting her two best friends, but couldn't help but be surprised by his muggle comparison.

"No," she answered "it's not right."

He shrugged, "fine have it your way."

They fell into a comfortable silence, Hermione reading, and Draco watching the fire.

Xoxo

The following week Hermione figured that things would die down and everything would go back to being normal.

She was wrong.

If anything, it got worse.

McGonagall had questioned her ability to continue being head girl, Harry and Ron still ignored her, and Pansy had a field day spreading more rumors that weren't even remotely true. The only good thing that seemed to come out of it was that her and Malfoy er Draco had gotten closer, and were now pretty good friends. He had apologized for his younger self, and they had a heart to heart talk about the war. After that, she found he was easy to talk to. He was also suffering from the enchantment; at least he said he was. She doubted it though.

By the time December came around Hermione had had enough. Her life was a living hell because someone had pulled a prank, and she wanted to get even. A part of her would feel guilty, but another part of her simply didn't care.

She met Malfoy in the library at their usual spot and slammed her books down and huffed, "All right, "she grumbled, "I'm in!"

He gave her a questioning look. "You're in? In what?"

"I'm in. Let get revenge."

His lip turned into a devious smirk.

"How Slytherin of you, Granger."

Xoxo

Vote

Comment

Share

I'd love to hear from you guys!