Chapter Three: Boss

Chapter Three: Boss

Unlike last time Daniel walked in front of me and didn’t have a tight grip on my wrist, in fact he wasn’t even holding my wrist and it seemed like he walking quickly on purpose. Man, is this guy bipolar or something? First he’s a jerk, then he’s nice and now he’s a jerk again. I wish I could remember how he treated me before so I would at least know whether this was usual for him or whether it was my faulty he was changing moods like a girl changes clothes! He led me to what I am assuming the other side of the compound; we had to walk through more endless corridors which had several closed doors that lead to who knows where. Again there were that many people milling around and didn’t Daniel say that a lot of people lived here? If so, where was everyone? Again I didn’t feel comfortable asking these questions as we walked so I kept my mouth shut and just concentrated on keeping up with the grumpy Daniel.

He stopped by a seemingly random room. It looked like all the others, it was brown and made of wood, and it was uniform in every way. If this is my room then how the hell was I going to be able to find it? Daniel stepped to the side and gestured for me to open it.

“Go on unlock it.” He said in a thin voice, obviously getting annoyed at my lack of action.

“With what?” I asked him throwing my hands up in the air. “Does it look like I have a key?”

Daniel glared at me. “Check your pockets.” He said in slow menacing voice. It was obvious that he didn’t what to spend any more time in my presence than necessary. I sighed but did pat down my trousers and found two pockets on each side of my waist. I slipped my hand into the right and pulled out a key. It was small and silver and fit nicely into the palm of my hand. He gave me a withering look. I sighed and unlocked the door with it.

“Need I remind you that I don’t have any memories, therefore I didn’t know that I had a key for this door or that this door needed a key in the first place or that I don’t even know what is behind this door!” I exclaimed as I pushed the door open. Daniel just sighed.

I went into the room. It was rather simple with white walls, a single bed, a mirror and a wardrobe. There was nothing that hinted towards the kind of person I was, or maybe the lack of personal items did hint that I wasn’t the kind of person that liked to display who I was or maybe I used to be a clean freak and the idea of random junk repulsed me? Or I just had nothing but what was in this room, that was a sad thought. I turned back to the door way where Daniel stood with an impassive face.

“Um, so now what?” I asked nervously.

“Get changed then we’re going to see someone.” He told me with no inflection in his voice sounding like a robot.  I nodded and then walked forward and shut the door in his face. I heard him mutter something through the door but I ignored it. Deciding not to make him wait for too long I went straight to the wardrobe and opened it.

Inside there were several shirts and trousers hung up, all of them the same colours, the shirts were light blue and the trousers black. Wow my taste in clothing sure was boring. I sighed but pulled a clean shirt and trousers off their hangers and quickly got changed into them being careful of my bandages. It was only once I was dressed did I dare to look in the mirror. I didn’t recognise the woman how stared back at me.

She was rather short but no shorter than five foot four. Her hair was light brown and came down to her shoulders and had a slight curl to it. Her eyes where a dark blue, the colour of an angry sea and she had a button nose and a small mouth with a few freckles dotted randomly on her cheeks. Although she had a short stature she looked quite toned, as if she worked out regularly. It then suddenly hit me; this woman in the mirror was me that was what I look liked. I gapped at the mirror; did I really look like that? If so then I was quite cute if I do say so myself. I raised a hand and the woman in the mirror did the same, it was weird, how is it that I couldn’t even recognise my own reflection in a mirror?