two // tempted

===

Thursday 21th July

Dominic Richards was sat in his uncle's Land Rover, his arms crossed tightly across his toned chest that was accentuated by his fitted t-shirt.

"Dom, just remember this is for your own good." Larry Richards said. Dominic let out a sigh and glanced out the tinted window. "We want you to do well in life and you need good grades in order to do that. Do you understand?" Larry asked his nephew. He repeated the question again with more force when he was offered no reply.

"We've had this conversation an uncountable amount of times." Dominic hissed.

"This is a simple yes or no question, Dom."

"Yes." he sighed finally.

"Well," Larry began as he pulled up outside the library, "study hard." he said, patting his nephew's sturdy shoulder.

Dominic sighed before climbing out of the four-wheel drive, slinging his duffle bag full of unused textbooks over his shoulder.

"See you at four!" his uncle yelled after him.

Dominic sighed and shook his head before walking through the automatic doors of the Stonehall County Library. The teen sauntered past the sensors at the entrance, his face owning this trademark neutral expression. But his blank facade was soon shattered as a loud alarm went off. Dominic frowned and walked to the front desk where a female figure sat with her head rested beneath her slim arms that her rested on the desk. The girl had a mass of black, soft-looking afro hair that Dominic was tempted to touch.

"Uh, hello?" he said uncertainly as he tapped on her bare arm.

"She's going to be out for a while." a raspy voice said from behind him. Dominic turned around to the voice. It belonged to a girl who looked vaguely familiar. She had light brown skin, dark brown hair that was somewhere between fluffy and curly and a few freckles dotted across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose.

"She went out last night so she's pretty hungover." the girl explained.

"Mark's party, right?" Dominic asked, glancing back at the sleeping girl for a moment.

The other girl shrugged before turning to leave.

"Wait." Dominic said quickly. "What's your name?" he asked. "I think I know you."

"My sister's Kaden Terrell; you probably know her." the girl answered.

"Kaden? Yeah I think one of my mates said that her... Oh." Dominic said, realising who the girl was. "I'm... I'm so sorry. You're Jordan, right?"

Jordan stared at Dominic for a few moments before turning on her heel and heading for Aisle 10.

Dominic was left standing beside the front desk, his duffle bag at his feet. He ran a hand through his messy brown hair, cursing to himself. He had seen the Jordan in the library a few times and had an inkling of who she was but he could never be sure until now. One part of him wanted to find her, talk to her but the other part told him it was the worst idea he'd had in a while. And that was saying something.

Instead, Dominic walked over to his favoured table and laid out his textbooks with no intention of using them. He then pulled out his phone, scrolling through the pictures on social media from Mark's party last night. As expected, Larry had stopped him from attending, much to his annoyance. Dominic paused on a picture of Kaden Terrell. She was wearing a tight black dress that ended just above her knees and had her slim brown arm slung around Mark's shoulder. The pair looked considerably drunk with their wide eyes and dopey smiles. Dominic chuckled to himself and continued scrolling.

And it continued like that for a few days, Dominic would stroll into the library, where he was offered no greeting by the hungover and asleep Kaden. Some days he would catch a glimpse of the reclusive Jordan, some days he wouldn't. It was simple enough routine but Dominic wasn't one for routines. He was curious, he wanted to find out what was going on with a least one of the sisters.

And that's exactly what he did.

___

a/n: thanks for sticking around! Drop a vote or comment if you enjoyed it x