28

I know it's short but that's kind of the point.

This is the last chapter... *cries*

There will be an epilogue and when I post that I will also post the sequel.

Now enjoy the short last chapter to probably one of my favourite books that I've written! :)

Thank you all soooooo much for getting this to 2M reads and 100k votes it means so much.

-

Blaire's POV

"Don't be so nervous love. It's been two years. You've seen them before." Darren says softly.

"But I never really talked to them!" I exclaim.

"You already know my parents love you darling. And you've pushed it off for two years angel, that's enough." Darren growls.

"Well I've been busy every time you suggested it!" I retort.

"Sure you were."

"I was!"

I walk away angrily, sitting down on our bed. I put my head in my hands, I wasn't really stressed about the dinner. I was more stressed on telling him... It was making me snappy.

"Blaire?" Darren asks softly, walking in. "What's wrong angel? I'm sorry for saying that."

"No. It's okay." I nod. "I'm just... Stressed."

The only person I told was Darcy because I'm really scared. I don't know if I can do this. What if I'm bad at it? Or screw up somehow? Or it hurts too much?

"Why? What's wrong?" Darren picks me up and sets me on his lap.

"I... I don't know how to tell you." I blush. "What if you're mad at me for not telling you earlier? Or mad at me for being scared?"

"Shh, you tell me when you're ready darling. I won't be mad." Darren promises.

"I... I'm pregnant Darren." I say quietly, burying my face into his chest.

It's a while that he doesn't say anything so I slowly look up at his face.

"Really Blaire?" Darren says finally, his voice quiet and his eyes seem to sparkle in the happiness. I can feel it over the bond. I nod a little. "Blaire I would never be mad at you for that!"

"You're so happy." I state.

"Blaire, I'm going to be a father!" He exclaims.

"You are." I nod and his gaze flickers to my stomach and he sets a hand on my stomach.

"You're gonna be a mother!" His excitement was contagious and he sounds like a little kid. But that doesn't stop the tears that spill out of my eyes. "Blaire? What's wrong?"

"I'm scared." I sob.

"Of what baby?"

"What if I'm a bad mother? Or I hurt the baby? Or I can't stand the pain?" I start. "Or what if-"

"Blaire, look at me," Darren says softly. "I know you're going to make a perfect mother. And you're one of the strongest wolves I know. You'll be fine."

"Pinky promise?" I ask, holding out my hand.

He links his pinky with mine. "Pinky promise."

***

My heart flutters nervously as I step into Darren's parents house. James and Violet were invited to. A big family dinner, the first in fact.

Darren said we had to announce the news at the table.

We eat with small talk being passed back and forth, Violet tells us a lot about what's going on back in their pack.

Apparently they're becoming bigger which is a good thing. I think? They seem happy about it anyway.

As we finish our food, desert is brought out and I watch as James nudges Violet. Nodding encouragingly.

"I have something I need to tell you all," Violet says slowly.

I look at Violet curiously, she's holding James's hand tightly and he's smiling proudly down at her.

"Go on," Darren says slowly.

"I'm- We're," she looks up at James. "Going to have a baby." Violet smiles.

She's pregnant too!? So she can help me? I can look to her if I need to? Violet helps me all the time with other things.

The table gets a little loud with congratulations when Darren clears his throat.

"We also have something we'd like to share," Darren states. The table falls quiet and suddenly I feel shy. I l look up at Darren expectantly, I don't want to say it. "Blaire is also expecting." He says softly.

Violet squeals and starts talking to James mad fast about how great this is. While Darren's mom keeps asking all sorts of questions.

I feel much too overwhelmed for this and Darren realizes cause he gives his mom a look.

"She's only a month along." Darren explains to his mom softly. "And she's very sensitive about it." He adds in a stern voice.

I keep my gaze down on the fruit in my bowl. Apparently fruit is dessert. I don't see how.

"We should plan our baby showers together!" Violet says excitedly.

"Violet," Darren growls.

"Oh come on, Blaire, tell me what you want at the baby shower and you got it!" Violet exclaims. "We'll make it perfect for both of us!"

I look up at Darren, then at her and tilt my head. "So... Can there be cake?"