Chapter 2

• Didedikasikan kepada Luke

 Three Months Later

"Hey, give that back!" Lucas complained as Liza grabbed the fedora off of his head and put it on her own. Liza and Lucas had a funny sort of friendship, Lucas was a couple of years younger and extremely easy to tease, they loved to get on each other's nerves but at the end of the day they were happy to be friends. Liza popped the hat back on Lucas's head and flicked his nose, he crinkled it in response and made a sour face. Bri giggled and said " Aw, why'd you give it back to him!?". They were hanging out in one of the empty rooms of the building that their youth group held events, it was the night of the Cast Party for their drama club's production of Sherlock Holmes. Mr. Nicolby (Lucas's Father and one of the Directors)walked in to break up the party and send Liza, Bri and Lucas back to the main room, scorning Lucas with a look of disappointment. "What? It was Liza's idea." Said Lucas as they got up to join the actual party. Liza flicked him on the back of the head and Bri smiled slightly.

Liza began to feel sad, she couldn't figure out why, this happened to her often, especially in the middle of having a good time, like she knew it would soon be ripped away. She brushed it off and sat down for the "Award" part of the evening. The drama club would print out funny awards for each of the teens involved in the play, even the crew members , such as Liza, she once received a "giggle one and giggling too" award with Lily, and the next year was awarded the "Where's Waldo?" award. As she was sitting there drifting off in thought, she missed the award that William had gotten but didn't miss his overly excited entrance to the stage. He came running down the hall with a few of his friends yelling " Woohoo! Yeah!" as if he had won a Grammy, with the biggest grin you could imagine on his face, the kind of smile that makes it impossible not to join in and smile ridiculously yourself, which is exactly what Liza did. In that moment it hit her. William had this joy, this light she had never noticed before, and she wanted to be a part of it. She sat there and thought for a moment and then said under her breath to herself. " I like William."'

She headed to the girls room to go talk it out with herself in the mirror..and checked to make sure no one was around "What are you thinking Liza?! He's such a dork, everybody thinks so. He's 19 and you're 15.. he's your best friend's brother! You can't like him, you DON'T like him! Ahh but he's so cute! That smile of his.." (sigh) "No, no Liza. You do NOT like William, you are simply hormonal, for all you know you're PMSing! It's fine, now go back to the party and stop thinking about this...but first.. pee!"

Liza took a deep breath and the moment she walked out of the bathroom William passed her "Oh hey Liza, havin' a good time?" He said with a teasing grin as he was on his way down the hallway. " Ugh why is he so cute all of the sudden!" Liza thought to herself as Brianna walked up. "Hey what's going on I was looking for you. Lucas' is being an idiot as usual, bragging about how great an actor he is and how I'm not.. he's just such a..such a.. BUTT!" Brianna said. "Remind me WHY you like him again?" replied Liza. "I've decided that I DON'T like him anymore!" stated Brianna stubbornly. "Again?" Liza said with a more than obvious look of amusement, as Bri punched her arm. "Okay, okay.. it's time to clean up... let's go hide in the girls room!" Liza said turning in a circle till she was facing the bathroom door with a mischievous look on her face, Brianna followed her in and they sat on their favorite spots on the sink, Liza on the highest point, and Brianna on the only one that was left, of course. "Hey, I remember your sister Lily and I wrote our names under the sink when we were your age and first joined drama club." Liza said jumping down from the counter. "Aw. There they are! Lily and Liza 2008! Bri you should write your name next to ours!" Brianna got down off the counter " I need a pen." replied Brianna. "Oooh. Let's steal one from that purse, we know everyone here anyways, who cares!?" Liza said searching one of the many purses the girls of the drama club had a habit of leaving in the bathroom at cast parties. " Sharpie yes!" she handed Brianna the red permanent marker. " Thanks.. Brianna.. 2010. There!" Brianna said as the bathroom door flung open. "Girls what are you doing?! Come help clean!!" barked Brianna's mom, Mrs. Cassidy. "Sorry mom..." said Brianna. Liza whispered to Brianna " Eh.. sorry." They walked into the main room and saw a few people sweeping with push brooms, including William. "Liza are you coming home with us tonight?" Mrs. Cassidy asked from across the room with a smile on her face. Liza replied "Yeah if that's alright." and walked up to Mrs. Cassidy. "Oh you know you're always welcome!' Said Mrs. Cassidy giving Liza a hug and being overly affectionate as usual. While they were talking William started to push Liza's feet with the broom, she looked over after ignoring the first couple of times and couldn't help but smile, he smiled back, let out a short laugh and walked away. "What was that about? That was.. weird." Liza thought to herself and then asked Brianna what she thought. "I dunno, he's a weird dude!" Brianna replied in her usual oblivious manner. The girls were so tired from the long day, they went to bed as soon as they returned to the Cassidy's but Liza didn't sleep that night.