Chapter Three

Thanks so much to everyone who has fanned and reading this story!! We hope ya continue enjoying it!! =D

Chapter Three

The whole family and Maria were sitting around the oak table when the steaming stew was brought to the table. If you had to give the food a score on appearance you would have to give it zero, the thing looked like a steaming heap of dog poop, and wasn't far off smelling like it too.

"What is it," Maria asked, her face composed in an attempt at politeness.

"Kangaroo," Kitty's mum said proudly, picking up a ladle and slopping scoopfuls of stew onto our plates.

"Yummy," Maria said apprehensively, pulling up her dress that had some-what dropped, revealing far more than it should. Not that her pulling up her dress helped much.

"Ah, thank you dear. I have never cooked it before, so you guys are my test subjects." Mandy said proudly, sitting back down in her own chair.

"Looks... lovely," drawled Maria, shifting her fork through the chunks of meat.

Kitty had to stifle a chuckle as she watched Maria raise a fork to her mouth under the scrutiny of her mum.

Maria, once she had shovelled the contents of her fork into her mouth, gagged, before spewing the stew back out onto the table, hackling coughs making her frame shake violently. This would have been funny enough to Kitty on its own right, but Percy, who was sitting obediently in the far corner, seemed to take an intense liking to the meat that Maria had just coughed up, and with sure footing he leap across the room in three strides, jumping onto the table, his tongue hanging out of his mouth with longing.

"Percy!" Rory screamed, reaching out for the dogs’ collar in an attempt to pull him off the table.

"DOWN BOY!" commanded Robert in unison with Rory's cries, watching in horror as dishes went flying everywhere, splatters of gravy covering the cream walls and his wife beginning to squeal with fright.

While the scene was unfolding both Aaron and Kitty, felt hysteria overcome them, their laughter so severe that Kitty went toppling off her chair. However, this just seemed to make the pair laugh harder, their faces and actions resembling a hyenas'. Becky was quick to join their hysteria, her head rolling in 360 degrees as she let laughter wrack her body.

By the end of it, the whole room was shaking like an earthquake had hit, china was banging together roughly and the noise was enough to make even a death person scream bloody murder.

Once Percy had, had enough of devouring the rancid smelling stew, he turned his head to the screaming Maria and cocked his head. For some reason animals can always tell when you are afraid of them, and most of the time it seems to spur them on. So when Maria let out another anguished yelp, Percy bounded towards her and started to lick her face.

What followed was enough to make even the most serious of people smile. Maria let out a string of profanities, her hands slapping uselessly at the big lump that had sat its butt firmly in front of her.

"Get it away, get it away," Maria cried, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks as Percy went in for the kill, leaving a shining slobber mark down her nose to her chin.

Percy was pulled away roughly by Robert, who had had quite enough. His wife had spent a long time in the kitchen today in preparation for this and he wasn't going to let a stupid mutt ruin it for her, no matter how funny the situation was, or how much he didn't want to eat the food.