Chapter TWENTY: The Truth

Chapter Twenty: The Truth

Xavier

After my mother called me over, I had to immediately leave Alexandria's house and headed over to mines. She wouldn't tell me what she needed me for. She just said she needed to talk to me and that its an important conversation. So, I rushed over... But, I didn't expect that this would be the conversation.

"You could've just married Trinity and live happily ever after, Xavier. But, yet, you decide to follow after some poor little black girl. She doesn't even compare to Trin ---" She's been disrespecting Alexandria and I'm sick of it.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that, Mom." I glared at her. "Don't you dare do it."

"Son ---"

"Stay out of this, dad!" I pointed fiercely at him and he backed away, respecting my word.

"I just don't understand what's so bad about Trinity. She has money, connections. What more do you need Xavier?! I've built this relationship for you and you're ruining it by messing with that black girl ---"

"Her name is Alexandria." I cut her off again. "If you want to address her, do it correctly."

The anger building in me is growing faster every time she opened her mouth. With her talking about Alexandria in that way. With her even speaking on Trinity's name is making me mad. The truth is just bubbling away, fighting and begging to come out. I don't want to think about that. I've tried my best to forget it. I did. But, it still haunts me and makes me sad at nights. How could a person do that?

"...What's wrong with Trinity that she doesn't compare to Alexandria?!"

"Enough about this! We're not having this conversation!" My voice rose. I didn't want to get angry with my mother but she can be a pain. It's like she pushes a whole new nerve or something. She knew how to get a reaction out of you. But, she definitely does not want a reaction out of me.

"Why? Alexandria can't be that perfect!"

"Drop it, Mom! I'm telling you right now.. Drop it!" I walked away but she grabbed my arm and spun me around to face her.

"Why is Trinity not good enough anymore? You used to love her and now you can't even look at her!"

"Because she aborted my child!" She gasped, harshly. "That's why. Are you happy?!"

I felt the tears in my eyes but I turned abruptly and left out of the house, slamming the door close. Powering walking to my car, I got in and drove off with the tires screeching. Not having a particular destination, just driving.

I tried to forget it. It was hard, though. How could someone kill a child? I've always wanted a family..a big one at that...whether it was with Trinity or not. Ever since I was a child, I wanted to be just like my father: a good dad, a good husband, and a good person. A few years ago when Trinity told me she was pregnant with my child, I was so excited. I was going to propose and everything so we could have a bigger family. But, she told me that she didn't want the "thing." I told her to have the kid and just give her or him to me but she took it upon herself and got an abortion. She was so spiteful with it, too. She didn't even care about how I felt or anything like that. She used me for publicity. So, I used her. I played her and hurt her over and over because my heart shattered after that moment.

Before I knew it, I was pulling up in front of some condos. Alexandria. Unknowingly, I found her place and I knew she'd comfort me. I got out of the car and slammed the door shut before making my way into the building. I got on the elevator, pressed the button and waited until the door opened. Finding her door was easy, but building up the courage to knock on her door was hard. I was a mess of tears. I'm not supposed to cry. They say a man's not supposed to cry but that topic is sensitive and it hit my soul.

Taking a deep breath, I wiped my tears and knocked on the door. Get it together, Xavier. "Who is it?" I heard my angel's voice sang through the door before unlocking the locks and the door flew open. "Who is- Xavier?" She let a breathtaking smile cover her face but it soon left when she got a good look at me. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head, knowing if I spoke words the tears would come back full force. She moved out of the way and let me in before shutting the door behind me and grabbed my hand before leading me up the stairs to her room. She closed the door behind us then locked it before turning to me. I wasn't quite familiar with her room as she is with mines; but I must say, it is a nice room...just five times smaller than what I'm used to. The walls were a light shade of green with a blue bed set. Honestly, I never thought blue and green went well with each other but she made it look perfect.

"What's wrong? I've never seen you look so sad before. It looks like someone ran over your puppy or...money or something."

Shaking my head again, I just let my body collapse on the bed.

"Oh, okay." She mumbled. "Get comfortable."

And, I did exactly that. I took my jacket off and my clothes, leaving my in my black briefs before getting under her covers. I glanced at her after laying my head down on her pillows. That's when I noticed that she's already in her pajamas: shorts, a white T-shirt, and some long socks.

She started getting in the bed before grabbing my head gently and pressing it to her chest. "You look like you need a hug. I don't know what's wrong with you but just know I'm always here to listen." Just hearing her voice calmed me...just a little bit though. She was trying to comfort me. She knew that I needed it. She said she'd always be here for me. Now, I can confirm that I am in love with Alexandria Reid.
_____________

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapters. I was rushing so they're not edited yet.