Chapter 1

It was now the twenty-first century, May 17, year 2011. When you are immortal time is inconsequential. I was in the city of Manhattan, New York. The sun had just went down, and I was walking the moonlit streets looking for a club called 'Club Mystic'. I was going there to meet a couple of old friends, Alec and Carter. I've known their families since the 1850s, Alec and Carter were the only ones I trusted.

Club Mystic was a night club for only creatures like myself, Fairies, Succubi, etc. Mortals were, how should I say, tolerated for our pleasure and entertainment.

I found the club on Wall Street. There was a mix of different creatures and mortals lined up at the door. Without a second thought I walked in the front of the line. People complained, but I didn't care. The bouncer turned around to protest "Who do you think-" then he noticed who he was talking to "Miss Romarri, my apologies" I could sense the bouncer was a night elf. "Oh, it's quite alright, we all make mistakes, just don't do it again." I said as I started to walk pass him when I noticed he wanted to say something. "Yes?" I said.

"Could you be gracious and do me a kind favor" he stammered over his words. I didn't respond, waiting for him to continue. "Well no one in there wants to hide in human form, I was wondering if you could compel the humans, to see it as a Normal, club or something?" he asked. I could sense the fear coming off his skin, hoping I wouldn't end his life for asking me of such a task. "Gore, I'm rarely gracious, the thing is what's in it for me" I said. As he knew it wasn't a question, it was more of a demand or requirement for something in return. "Free drinks? You could put it on my tab" he said. "And that I can feed on whoever and whenever I see fit with no protest, and we've got a deal" I said. "Just for tonight?" he asked. "That's funny, you're quite the comedian" I said. "Just pull the humans to the side as you let guests in, and I'll take care of them then" I felt my eyes transition to the color they always turn to when I'm about to compel someone, velvet pink. "Um, miss, your eyes are. . . " he became even more frightened. " I know Gore, let's wrap this up I have better things to do." I said. He stared at eyes a few more moments and started to let people in again.

As creatures walked in they nodded to me in respect and kept moving. By that time he had pulled about four humans to the side already. Then I noticed a human hiding trying to get by. "Wait a second!" I grabbed the male who almost got by and pint him against the wall. "Whoa nice contacts" he said. He had the whole punk look going on but I could tell that was a facade."What do you think you're doing trying to sneak by like that? Plus aren't you a little too young to be in this club, this is twenty-one and over, not twenty-one and over with an exception of minors" i said. His scent was making me thirsty. "Well. . .I-I heard this was the spot, and wanted to check it out" he said startled. "Gore, grab them just in case" I gestured towards the humans off to the side. I turned back to the boy. "Are you sure you want to do that? Some things you can never un-see" I said. He was too afraid to respond. I let my fangs release and bit down on the pulsing vein in his neck and the veins on my neck and eyes emerged. He screamed in terror, screaming for help. I pulled away and looked in his eyes. "Holy shit, your eyes, are . . .red! " he was in disbelief. I ripped away a piece of skin on my arm, letting my blood spill out. I got a tighter grip on him and forced him to drink it. "This is your punishment for being sneaky, curious, and being somewhere you shouldn't." My blood was hurting him, tears were welling in his eyes. "I could just imagine what it feels like, my blood coursing through your veins" I said.

I lifted him, making him look me in the eyes. He screamed in pain "It burns!" he forced out. "Why are you doing this to me ?!" I felt my eyes turn to velvet pink. He started to hyperventilate. I made sure his eyes didn't revert from mine, "After you have awakened, you will remember nothing of this night" his pupils dilated as mine did. Then I twisted his neck killing him, and threw his body in a dumpster. He will be having a rude awakening.