Chapter 7: The Battle Against Darkness

I decided to go and see how duck ad Muto were doing in the practice room. When I walked in they were talking and practicing the last part of the ballet. "You guys are doing so good." "Where have you been mrs. Etsuko?" Duck asked with a curious smile. "I had to control some things so I needed some time to myself." "Oh, well fakir had been helping us with the other moves of the ballet." "That's wonderful, and I think I'm going to convince mr. Cat to let me move you to this class permenantly." "Really?" "Yeah, Muto needs a partner and you two seem to get along and work together very well." "Thank you mrs. Etsuko, I have to be going now, I promised my friends I would meet them in the park." "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow in class." "Yes ma'am." She quickly gathered her things and left. "How are you doing?" "Good, duck is a wonderful dancer. Where did mrs. Rue go?" "She left the school." "I know about Kreihi, what happened to rue in the process?" "Her wishes were overpowered by the raven, I'm sorry." "It's ok, in fact I'm not sure I loved her like she told me I did." "I miss her too, she was an excellent student, but we have to face the facts. Your smarter and more observant even without all your emotions. You know what's going on and you need to fight back." "I try, but she has some weird spell over me whenever she comes near me." "I can try and help, but you have to fight back harder." "I'll try, thank you sister." "That's the first time I have ever heard you call me your sister." "I'm sorry, I could-" "no, I like it. I'm starting a new family and I want you to be part of it, even if we aren't technically related in this world." "I'm glad you think of me as your family." I hugged him. As I was hugging him, Kreihi appeared behind me. "Aww, how touching, now let's get something straight Etsuko. This little pep talk you gave Muto means nothing. He can't help but be under my control when were together. It's fate." "Good, fate can also be altered. I would rather die then let you live eternally with my brother." "Agreed, well on the part where I get to kill you. I noticed you've been gone for a while, where have you been princess?" "That's none of your business." "You think I don't know about fakirs father, I know what you did and for that I will punish you." She made a black cage spear with fakirs father. "NO! YOU LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS!" She smiled and I looked at his father who was both frozen with fear and calm as a free bird. He was afraid of leaving before saying goodbye to his son, but e didn't mind dying, he was old and in pain. She formed a sword with her black sand. "No, let him go." She brought the sword to him and ran it through his heart. I fell to my knees and placed both of my hands on the necklace as I cried. "You monster." I wiped away a couple tears and gathered my composure. "For that, your going to pay." I released a hail storm that surrounded her with ice. I then froze her in place. I breathed heavily and fell to my knees. Fakir heard the noise and ran in, he looked at me and fell to where I was. "What happened?" "Look behind you." He looked and let a few tears slide down his cheek. "She's gone too far." "I know, I froze her." He looked at Kreihi. He took his sword out and was about to shatter her. "No fakir, you'd be just as bad as her." Then, a black shadow came in the room. It didn't have a visible face until it turned around. We both gasped. "No." "That's right, thanks to you freezing Kreihi, I have all the dark magic. I really must thank you sister, you've done me a huge favor." "Fakir, since when is this part of the story?" "It's not." "What do I do, I refuse to use my powers on him." "I don't know, I guess we're going to fight." He pointed his sword at Muto. "I don't want to have to do this, but you've forced my hand Muto." "Give it your best fakir, your the one who taught me how to fight." This wasn't going to end well and it was my fault. Unfreezing Kreihi wouldn't do anything and I couldn't just let them fight because one of them would get hurt. Maybe if I destroyed Kreihi, despite what I told fakir about smashing her, the curse would be broken. I didn't know what to do. Fakir and Muto were now fighting and no one was winning. Then tutu danced in and saw what was happening. "Now isn't exactly the best time." "What happened to Muto?" "I froze Kreihi and I guess he inherited the powers of darkness. I don't know, but fakir or Muto is going to get hurt and I can't let that happen so we need to do something." "Agreed, have you tried unfreezing Kreihi?" "Why would I do that?" "Because then wouldn't the powers go back to her?" "Worth a shot." I looked over and fakir got slashed in the side with the sword. I quickly unfroze Kreihi and fell at his side. "Are you ok?" "It's just a little scratch." "We'll talk about your perspective later, your losing blood, fast." I ripped his shirt off the make a turnequit so he could keep his blood. Kreihi had other plans. I tied the shirt around the cut and put pressure but Kreihi liked me across the room. Fakir yelled my name. "Tutu, help Muto and fakir, I've had just about enough of this." I got up and surrounded myself with fire. "You still think you can defeat me Kreihi? Go ahead, take your best shot." She looked a little nervous, but tried her best anyway. It wasn't enough. "Take your powers and get rid of them or I will do it myself. That's right, I have the power to take your power, so do it or I will." She looked angry, but she did it. I knew she had the power to dispose of her powers, I didn't, but she believed me so It worked. When the darkness was gone, rue was back and everything was ok. I grabbed the necklace containing Kreihi power and smashed it on the ground so it couldn't exist anymore. "Rue, are you ok?" "Yes, I believe so. What happened?" "You turned into the black raven." "What is that?" "Never mind, it's not important. Let's get you some headache medicine." I helped her up then realized fakir was still hurt. At this point he was passed out. "Tutu what happened?" "I don't know, I couldn't wake him up." "We need to get him to the hospital." "I can help." Muto said right before jumping up to help. He picked up fakir and carried him the entire way. "Tutu, go with mrs rue and help her get some headache medicine. I need to go with Muto." She nodded and I left and followed Muto. We got to the hospital and the doctors were already skeptical. We waited for about two hours. The doctor walked out and shook his head. "We couldn't get him to respond." I cried into my hands and Muto put a hand on my shoulder. The doctor walked away and I then realized Muto gained all of his emotions when the dark magic was destroyed. "How did he even get hurt?" For some reason I felt anger well up inside me. "How can you not remember?! You turned evil and killed him Muto!" I yelled bit being able to control my emotions. "I'm sorry, that was uncalled for. It wasn't your fault I just need some time. I'm sorry." I got up ad ran home. The second I hit my bed I cried more intensely.