Chapter 2

(A/N This chapter is dedicated to Hooha84 because she helped me out so much with getting my book more popular! Thank you!

Link to the song is in the description!)

Chapter 2

I looked up at Alex hesitantly, not wanting to see his smirking face. His piercing blue eyes searched my face, wanting to see a reaction out of what he just said.

He did get one, of course.

“I- I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I stuttered, looking straight into his eyes. He simply raised an eyebrow at me.

“Oh really? So that wasn’t you in the-“

He didn’t get to finish his sentence as I quickly smacked my hand over his mouth.

“Shut up! That never happened, okay?” I whispered to him, looking around to see if anyone had been paying attention to our conversation. Thankfully, no one was.

Alex’s eyes crinkled as if he was smiling, so of course he did the only thing he could do in a situation like this.

He licked my hand.

“Ew! Alex! My hand’s all wet now!” I shouted at him, though I’m sure he could only just hear me over the music anyway.

“That’s what she said” He snickered, and he held his hands up in surrender as I glared at him. I walked over to the sink to wash my hand as he followed me, stopping alongside me and jumping up on the counter.  When I was finished, I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Is there something you want?”

He looked over at me and shot me a smirk.

“Well, you owe me, and your proving to be my source of entertainment this evening, as your brother is currently taking part in a dare on whether he can kiss 20 girls at this party.” He said to be in a posh voice, and I sniggered at his failed attempt.

“And why aren’t you taking part in this dare too?” I asked him, before realising that this was the longest conversation I’d ever had with my brother’s best friend. Well, this couldn’t be good.

He looked over at me in mock shock,

“Do I look like I want aids?” he joked, and then winked at me. He jumped off the counter, and I got the opportunity to look him over properly. He was wearing a pair of black high tops and black jeans, and a red, white and black check shirt, as well as a black beanie on his head, pushing his brown hair over one of his eyes in the process. He pushed his hair out of his eyes before asking me if I wanted another drink. I raised my eye brows at him, not only because he offered, but because I wasn’t completely sure if he would drug it too.

He seemed to realise what I was thinking before smirking at me and saying

“Don’t worry, I won’t drug it” He winked at me and walked off towards the drinks table.

I took the opportunity to look around the room again, trying to find my brother. I couldn’t see him anywhere and my eyebrows creased as I frowned. Where could that boy be?

Alex strutted back over to me with two drinks and handed one to me. He was about to open his mouth to say something but he was quickly interrupted by a squeal. He rolled his eyes and turned around.

“Hey Lucy.” He said in a fake happy tone. I looked around his shoulder to see a girl with bright red hair, trying to look good in a skimpy crop top and mini-skirt. She walked over to him and tried to hug him, looking like she was winding him in the process. I stepped out of the way and put a hand over my mouth, trying not to laugh at her desperate attempt.