Chapter 1

I unlocked my door and stepped into my house, shrugging my jacket off as I laid my keys down on the table.

"Hey Dad, I'm home!" I called out to my dad. I didn't wait for him to reply, he never did.

I trudged up the stairs to my room, taking my phone out of my bag and checking if I had any messages.

I didn’t, of course.

I opened my window and looked around outside, enjoying the peace and quiet.

It didn’t last long.

“I’M HOME!”

I groaned as my brothers shout echoed around the small house,  knowing we were going to get the old lady from next door shouting at us later. These walls weren’t sound proof. 

I heard him running up the stairs and towards my room. I mentally counted down how long it was until he burst into my room.

3

2

1…

“Hey Charlie-bear!” he said whilst crushing me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist as a mumbled into his chest ‘I told you not to call me that Luke’

“ Sorry Charlie-bear, I can’t hear you” He pulled away as he smirked down at me. I rolled my eyes and stepped away from him. He sprawled out on my bed as he pulled out his phone from his pocket. I stopped and raised my eyebrow at him, as if to say ‘ Can I help you with something?’

He looked up at me with confusion and then realisation, as he remembered what he was staying in room for.

“ Oh Charlie! I need you to come to a party with me later!”

I widened my eyes at him as I asked him “And why is that?”

“ Because I want a drink and I need you to take me home” He stated, as if it was obvious.

“ Luke, I’m barely 17! I could get caught, and arrested, and then I would have a criminal rec-“

“Charlie-bear, you’ll be fine! It’s only ten minutes’ drive away!”

I took a deep breath as I saw the look in Luke’s eye that said ‘ don’t argue with me.’

Now, this is where you should know that I’m a bit of a goody goody. Okay, a lot of a Goody Goody. I haven’t been to a party before, so my brain is freaking out right now.

What do I wear? Who do I talk to? Where do I stand?

“Be ready in an hour!” my brother said to me as he stalked out of my room, his head in his phone once again.

I sat down on my bed and looked in the mirror opposite me. My long brown hair cascaded down my back and shoulders, whilst covering up my face at the same time. My plain red t-shirt and black jeans weren’t anything special, so what the hell was I supposed to wear to a party?

I walked into the hallway and then the bathroom, taking a shower and washing my hair. As I stepped into my room, I sighed whilst looking down at myself.  I had 40 minutes. Better get ready.

I stood up and looked through my wardrobe, before simply picking out a pair of dark denim shorts and a mint green tank top that hugged my small figure. I pulled my curly hair into a ponytail and applied some mascara.

I already felt self-conscious.

I walked downstairs to find my brother waiting impatiently at the door. When he looked up and saw me, his eyes widened in surprise.

“Who are you and what have you done to my sister.” He said with fake worry, a smile hinting at his lips.

I looked down  and blushed, well aware that I didn’t look like myself.

“ Come on then Charlie, we’re gonna be late!” he said as he jogged down our driveway towards  our car.

“ Bye Dad” I whispered, looking towards his sleeping figure sprawled out on the sofa. He wasn’t going to wake up until around midday tomorrow.

I pulled on my black ballerina flats and walked towards our car.

I really regret this now.

I hate this. I hate this so much.

I’m going to kill my brother for this.

If I can find him.

I leaned against the kitchen counter, watching everyone around me shout over the music, dancing, having fun, and I wished I could let loose and do that too.

I heard a rowdy shout and saw my brother kissing a girl up against a wall whilst there was a crowd cheering them on. I rolled my eyes and smiled, just typical Luke. I raised my drink up to my mouth and was about to take a sip when suddenly-

“I wouldn’t drink that if I were you.”

My head spun round when I came face to face with Alex Toll.

Now something you should know about Alex, is he’s your typical bad boy, yannoe, gets into trouble at school, drives a motorcycle, that kind of thing.

The only thing about Alex, is no one knows why he’s like that.

I looked down into my drink, not only to see it had went slightly green, but also to hide my embarrassed face.

I had run into Alex earlier on today.

In the men’s bathroom.

“ Seem’s like you owe me again huh?” I could hear the smirk in his voice.

Well, shit.

Only If You Mean ItOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara