Chapter 10: Sparks are flying

Alexander Clarke

 My whole life flashed across my eyes as I watched my precious bike being crushed by the bulldozer. The guy on the dozer looked confused and set it in reverse, uncovering what’s left of my bike. I ran to it, throwing myself on my knees and running my eyes over its pieces. I felt Stellan kneel besides me.

 "Aw man, it’s bad,” he muttered. I glared at him through the corner of my eye.

 “You think!” I snapped. The guy that was driving the bulldozer got off and was now heading towards us. I stood up ready to run my fist into his face when my phone rang in my pocket, I took it out and opened it, not looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Alex, hope you know not to dye a girl’s lips. Especially in a color that doesn’t suit them.” The voice said, instantly I looked around until I spotted Rori getting into a car across the parking lot, she waved.

“I-,” I managed to say before she hung up and jumped in the car. I don’t think she has any idea of who she is messing with, she is going to pay.

“Sorry man, I didn’t see the bike there.” Said the bulldozer guy.

“Oh yeah I’m sure it was just a fucking accident,” I sneered walking towards him, my fist clenched. Stellan stood in my way holding me back.

“Look I’m really sorry. You can take this up with my company.” He said stepping back and holding out a card. I sighed running my hand through my hair; I reached out and took the card from his hand. The guy quickly ran back to the bulldozer and drove away.

“You can call them and demand they replace your bike.” Stellan said trying to help.

“Nah I have a better idea, give me a ride will you?” I said throwing the card in the trash I didn’t have to even look at it to know what company it was from. 

“Uh, sure.” Stellan said as we walked to his car. 

 ***

“Don’t do anything crazy,” Stellan warned as we pulled up to Rori’s house.

“Sure,” I said getting out of the car and slamming the door.

“I mean it!” He yelled, but I was already jogging around the house to the employ entrance. But as I turned the side of the house I froze, my bike in one complete piece stood in the back driveway as if nothing had ever happened to it. I took a step closer to it, not a scratch. My initial reaction was to laugh. She thinks she’s clever.

 I took out the key they had given me and let myself in but not before giving the bike one last look as if to make sure I’m not dreaming.  Rori wasn’t home yet, heck no one was. Clemence had the day off and Miles was supposed to be driving her home. I smirked, running up the steps and into her room.

***

Rori Everhart

By the time we pulled up to the house I was more than paranoid, I was super-noid. He could be anywhere, I thought looking around cautiously as I got out of the car.

“Miles I’ll be in my room.” I said and he nodded. So far there is no trace of him and my plan for the rest of my life was to stay locked in my bedroom where it was safe. I opened my bedroom door and instantly threw my bag aside and shoved the door close with the tip of my foot. I turned on the light and froze. On my bed perfectly asleep was Alex. His long legs crossed at the ankles, his shoes still on annoyingly enough, and his arms crossed behind his head.

I took small steps towards him careful not to make any noise. I sighed he is so perfect it hurts, his eye lashes unbearably long, his perfect straight nose and pink plum lips. I wonder what they feel like. I involuntarily felt myself falling forward, closer and closer towards him. I stopped myself, am I crazy? Haven’t I done enough life threatening things for one day? I was about to step back when his eyes fluttered open, I stared back into their grey depths with shock. In one smooth motion he reached out pulling me towards the bed and quickly flipping himself so that I was lying on my back and he was straddling me.