Places

Acheron: the river of woe, is one of the five great rivers of the Underworld. Newly arriving souls are ferried across the River Acheron by Charon, the ferryman of the dead.

Acrocorinth: a massive rack acropolis sits at the highest point of Upper Corinth, serving as the most easily fortified spot to defend the city from all attackers, both man and beast.

Acropolis: spans the highest point in Athens, having temples, theaters, and the Parthenon. It has survived fires, floods, and attacks from mythic creatures, but survives still.

Athens: the capital of Greece, was so named after the great goddess of war and wisdom, Athena

Atlantis: was claimed by Poseidon, God of the sea, as part of his dominion of the sea after the world was divided between Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon.

Crete: an island southeast of Greece ruled by King Minos, is home to the fierce bull like creature known as the Minotaur. It is said that Crete was used by Zeus and other Gods as a hiding place.

Delphi: once the home of the Oracle of Delphi, now serves as a place for worship by housing the temple of Apollo.

Erebus: is a path to the Underworld which sits far beneath the earth, ruled over by Hades, that all dead souls of the dead must pass through to reach their hellish destination.

Fountain of Peirene: created from the hoof of Pegasus, served as muse and inspiration to artists of all kinds.

Garden of Hesperiedes: is Hera's garden that houses the golden apples of immortality. The tree of these golden fruits is guarded by Ladon, the dragon of a hundred heads.

Underworld: the hellish punishment for the souls of the dead. Once in, souls may never leave, they are instead fated to suffer torment for all eternity.

Happy Isles: is a place of sunlight and breeze, serving as a destination for the souls of virtupus and heroic beings. Meanwhile, the cruel and vicious are sent elsewhere, to Hades.

Island of the Cyclopes: is home to Polyphemus, and his Cyclops brethren, the giants with a single eye in the center of their foreheads.

Labyrinth: a maze like structure, was built to hold the bull like creature known as the Minotaur, but was so byzantine a structure that the creator himself, Daedalus, could not escape.

Ocean: the great and vast, stretches on endlessly into the horizon. It is the home of Posiedon, the  great god of the sea.

Olympus: towers far up into the heavens. It serves as the home for the Gods and the meeting point for Zeus and the rest of the prominent Gods of the Pantheon.

Pillars of Hercule: sits on either side of the Straight of Dibralter. They are said to be been created when Hercules smashed through the mountain of Atlas instead of climbing over it, thus forming the two natural pillars.

Sparta: a culture dedicated to battle and milltary excellence, was originally a part of Greece. Sparta has been involved in nurmerous millitary battles over the decade, including a long bloody war with Athens.

Swamp: is vicious,dangerous, it is littered with bogs of quicksand and hissing entangling wires that seem almost alive.

Swamps of Lerna: are home to the Hydra, a nine headed poison spitting water serpent. Here, the hydra guards an entrance to the Underworld at the bottom of the great lake.

Tartarus: the lowest pit of the Underworld, serves as a hellish place for torment, anguish and punishment for the undead souls of the Titans.

Thebes: the city was founded by Cadmus, was the site of many great battles and events, including the tragedy of King Oedipus, who killed his father and married his own mother.

Thermopylae: the hot springs of Greece, have been the sight of many great battles over the decades.

Troy: the great city is best known for sparking the infamous Trojan War with the abduction of Helen by Paris of Troy. The long bloody war left Troy devestated and in ruins.