Chapter 2- Him...

~~Amy's POV~~

School wasn't all that bad actually. Chase was perverted but not that bad. At least not yet.

The lunch bell rung and people charged down the hallways like bulls. I walked with Chase but I could see him trying not to run too. A smile tugged at my lips, watching him struggle.

I felt someone run into me from behind. I almost fell flat on my face, well, almost. Chase had caught me.

"Watch it-" Chase muttered and turned around, stopping in his tracks.

I turned too to see what was going on. I saw a God in front of me. He had dark brown hair that was only shades away from black. His eyes were a dark brown to match his hair and they seemed to grow darker. His nose was slightly crooked, showing how many times he broke it in fights, I assumed.

Chase shuffled closer to me and the God narrowed his eyes.

"I haven't seen you around here, what's your name?" He asked, his voice sounded husky and slightly angry.

My knees weakened but I managed to stay upright, "Amy." I murmured, my eyes falling to the floor when his gaze never left me. He definitely had an air of power around him.

"Amy." My name rolled off his tongue in a way that sent shivers down my spine, like when I saw the woods. Now that I thought about it, he smelled like the woods, the musky-earth scent. "Well, I'm Derek." He introduced with a smile.

"Okay, Derek, I'm just gonna go to lunch." I muttered awkwardly and turned to leave. I felt a hand on my wrist, it sent tingles up and down my arm. I turned back to see it belonged to Derek.

"How about I take you there, Chase, you can run along now." Derek said. Smirking at me. Chase grimaced but did as told and walked on.

"Oh, no, its really okay." I said with a  soft smile, "I know where it is."

"I wasn't asking." He replied, his voice still held that calming effect.

Unlike Chase, Derek didn't seem to understand personal space. He looped his arm around my waist as we walked. I glanced at him a few times and saw him glaring at some guys who passed us. Meanwhile, some popular girls glared at me.

I rushed through the lunch line and got a ham and cheese sandwich. Derek wasn't going to leave me alone.

I was split, one side of me loved that he was beside me while another part wanted him to back off some.

I was about to make my way to Emily and the group but Derek once again snaked his arm around my waist, instead, steering me to his group of populars.

He made me sit in his lap. I wondered how many girls he has done this too.

Probably a lot. I concluded and my heart dropped. He chatted with friends and I sat quietly, not eating much.

Finally, his voice was a whisper next to my ear, "Why aren't you eating?" He asked, I thought I heard genuine worry in his voice but dismissed it. His breath fanned my face. His hand rubbed against my side. I felt his fingers travel underneath my shirt and that's when I decided I'd had enough.

"No reason." I muttered angrily and slapped his hand away. I stood up, left my tray at his table and marched over to Emily's group. They seemed surprised that I was over here but welcomed me anyway.

"That guy is a jerk." I hissed.

Emily gave a nervous laugh, "I thought you had abandoned us for them." I heard relief in her voice too.

"I'd never do that." I reassured her. "Trust me." We chatted casually but I found my gaze wandering to Derek, I say him watching me, hurt evident in his eyes. I felt guilty.

What! You feel guilty? Why? He was trying to play a 'move' on you. Steer clear of him. I thought. But I knew it was going to be easier said than done.

*Author's Note* Did you guys like it? Hope so! I decided to update early. Sorry its short but I just decided to get her to meet Derek and see what he is like... anyway! Vote, Comment, and Read!

Fact #2- I have curly hair that I hate! It is so messy! I try to straighten it but a few seconds later, it'll be back to curly.  It is cut into side bangs, and layers, and ends around my shoulder blades. My natural hair color is dirty blonde- more like light brown. My mom dyed it to dark brown but it turned out black! Now it has lightened to a strange color, it is light brown but when the sun shines on it, it has a red tint and underneath it is still a semi- dark brown. Now I have blonde highlights in it. How I got blonde highlights is a mystery to me. My mom says its a really pretty color but I'm gonna change it to ombre.