The Hollows of Old

The country of Alarien was in despair. The giant King, Duelo Valarishen had perished in his sleep. His remaining sons and daughters; titans of noble birth, already had begun to wage war for the right to rule. As the country was set aflame, it began to break and become a place of misery. Halls that once rang with music laid silent as the children of giants battled for rights. 

        Over five hundred years passed since that great war and the country now lay desolate. The sons and daughters of the Giant king sat in the cold silence, claiming whatever was left of the broken country. Corrupted by their own evil, they remained in great halls of decay and seclusion. Silently plotting against one another for rule. Many of the denizens roamed the barren world in misery, corrupted by their own leaders and forced to serve or fall. So few civilizations remained and those that did only traded with adventurers in secret.

       The few brave enough to cross the black seas arrived at the dead country only for looting; all except one. Gwyneth Valarishen was the eldest of her titan siblings, but the smallest at six foot two. She was immediately sent away once the wars began and she never looked back in fear of being slaughtered by her own kin. Sorrow filled her heart as she heard news of her once beautiful country plunging into darkness. For years she waited in foreign lands, receiving updates from the White Raven; her father's trusted messenger. He was taller than she, handsome and kind. Through her seclusion she found solace in his presence. The love between them blossomed into a deeper desire. He was a lover and her dearest friend. Each time he departed across the treacherous sea, fear would grip her heart. He promised that this voyage would be his last. Time made her ache and after ten years, she concluded he would never return. His death struck her with grief. Heart filled with rage and fear, she settled that she must travel back to the ends of the world and reclaim her rightful place as Queen. 

And her kin would suffer for all the country to see.