What is it...?

*Edit* All of the intro's and story parts were written back in 2016

Assalam o alaikum awesome readers :)

I hope you guys are enjoying the story...
Ready for the 'surprises'...? ;)
Then here you go....

She was awarded scholarship for her studies here in Liverpool, so she could easily afford a department of her own. Though her parents refused for the first time she discussed it with them but she managed to persuade them. It was not a very big apartment, but it was airy and clean.
She came towards the couch in the lounge and dropped herself onto it. She was quite tired after setting up her room. She breathed heavily for sometime then they gradually became regular. Her phone rang jingling the quiet air around. She rose her head from the back of the couch and looked at the screen. It was Ibad.

"Salam baba." She stared in the blank spaces of air.

"Walaikum asalam, dear, you reached there safely?" Ibad's voice was concerened.

"Yes." she meekly replied.
A long pause prevailed.

"Hareem? are you okay?" He became worried.

She stared at her surroundings with an empty glare. This was the real question. Was she okay...? Was she happy..? She searched for the answers but there was silence in response. Why? am i not happy? she thought to herself. I am supposed to be okay...

"Hareem!?!?" Ibad's voice suddenly brought her back from the 'nowhere'.

"Y...Yes baba I'm good." she stammered and tried to be cheerful.
"I...I was just thinking about the study table in front of me...I mean where should I put it..." she covered for herself. Wow....a lie with contentment...she thought bitterly.

Ibad slightly chuckled.
"Okay okay...you tensed me for a while."

She slightly sighed not being noticed.
After a talk of further few moments she hung up.

She again stared at the walls not knowing what she was looking at.
Suddenly she shrugged off her thoughts and went out of the lounge. After a while she returned with Quran pak in her hands. I need peace. She thought to herself  sitting on the couch once again and took a deep breath before opening it. She gulped her strange feelings and very slowly opened it with thumping heart. Trying to hold back what was coming, she blinked her eyes several times and tried to concentrate over the words that were written. Sweat drops clustered over her forehead. She felt a great urge to close it but tried to get over it. The next moment holy book was closed with defeated expressions on her face. She took a deep breathe once again.

"Why can't I do this..!?" She thought to herself.

"I am a hafiza!" Her mind yelled.

"Why is this getting on my nerves??"
She closed her eyes. Some familiar scenes started rushing on the canvas of her mind. She suddenly opened her eyes sitting straight.

"No....I've forgotten everything!" Her mind said firmly.

"He is the reason of all this..." Her expressions became strangely harsh.

"He deserved it!" she thought determined.

"He deserved worst than that.." Her teeth gritted.

She immediately shrugged off her mind.

"This is not worth thinking."
She got up from the couch and made herself busy in cleaning the apartment.

    *****

She became busy with her life in Liverpool. She studied whole day and later was offered a job, which she willingly accepted. Little time was there for her to look after herself. There was no one with her. Khadija started doing job in london, while Zainab went to California. She was all by herself.
She could not sleep at nights. Not because she was alone, this was not a problem for her, the reason remained concealed to herself too. She had to take pills for this.

"How are you my dear?" Aunt rubina was as cheerful as ever, when she called hareem.