Chapter 6

BEFORE YOU START READING, PRESS PLAY ON THE VIDEO-THE MUSIC IS PART OF WHAT TELLS THE STORY-YOU DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO ALL OF IT, BUT JUST WHILE YOU ARE READING.  IT REALLY COVEYS THE RIGHT MOOD.  OKAY THANKS!

               We emerge in a small room with a domed window ceiling.  It’s an indoor garden.  Flowers and leaves of all colors roam wild and free up here.  And in the middle of it all is a lovely willow tree with a tire swing hanging from one of its branches.  As I take it all in, Tom watches my face, awestruck by the secret he has shared.

                “So...  You like it?”  His voice, usually calm and confident seems unsure and full of emotion.

                “I love it.”  I whisper back, not daring to be any louder.

                “I’m glad.”  He whispers with a small shy smile.

                Then, he steps so close to me so that our noses almost touch.  My brown eyes meet his pale blue ones.  “Tom.”  I whisper, and I think he may kiss me. 

                But he doesn’t.  Instead, he turns abruptly on his heel and leaves, adding on his way out, “Clothes are in the closet in the bedroom.  We start your training first thing tomorrow.”  His voice is cold, and he has lost that raw sound that only moments before flooded his whisper.  He leaves me there, standing alone in a room full of flowers and I can’t help feeling like I hurt him somehow.