Selene The Moon Goddess

Until recently, Selene the moon goddess was a minor figure in ancient greek mythology. We knew of her that she was a goddess of the moon, but so was Artemis.

The only other significant story mentioning Selene in ancient greek mythology is that of The Nemean Lion, whom it is said that Selene had great affection for.

Thanks to the Delfon Family Trust, we now have access to the Scriptures of Delphi, which contain a much more detailed record of who Selene was before she became the Greek goddess of the moon.

The Scriptures of Delphi are a collection of several documents saved over the years from scribes who worked at the Temple . I will provide a more Selene-centric synopsis here.

Before she was Selene The Moon Goddess, she was a simple human woman named Selene who worked at the Temple of Apollo (Greek mythology), the sun god, originally, until he cursed her true love, Ambrogio, who eventually became the first vampire.

The couple was given protection by Apollo's sister Artemis at her famous temple there.

Ambrogio was immortal and did not age, but Selene was still mortal and eventually became older and presumably sick. In exchange for their protection, Artemis was a virgin goddess and all of her closest followers were virgins as well). Therefore the couple never had children.

On Selene's deathbed.

To be continue...