3.6

CHAPTER SIX

The Falcon

- - - - -

Steve took them to an apartment where Sam Wilson, a friend he made from his morning runs stayed in

Steve took them to an apartment where Sam Wilson, a friend he made from his morning runs stayed in. Ana's shoulder was ripped open from the explosion and Nat could barely walk, holding onto Steve for support.

"Steve, can we trust Sam? Do you know him well?" Ana asked as they stepped to the door. She placed one hand over her shoulder to press on the wound as the other held her elbow up.

Steve gave her a small smile, "Yeah, we can trust Sam." He confirmed.

He turned back to the door and knocked as Ana looked around the area. The sound of the door sliding open made Ana look at Sam.

 The sound of the door sliding open made Ana look at Sam

"Hey man." Sam greeted, glancing at Natasha and Ana, a confused expression on his face.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low."

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Natasha explained.

He glanced back and forth between the three, and pursed his lips together. "Not everyone." Sam let them inside his house, and slid the door closed, locked it, and closed his curtains.

When Ana passed him, groaning and slightly faltering in her steps, Sam wrapped a cautious arm around her waist. He looked at her shoulder and winced, "Damn, how the hell are you still alive?" He mumbled, guiding her to the living room.

Ana chuckled, "I'm an Avenger." She said, sitting down on the couch.

Steve and Natasha went to clean up since they were covered in dirt and blood, Sam went to get a first aid kit and Ana sat on the couch, trying to count all the stars flying around her head.

Sam kneeled in front of her, still in his sweats and picked up a bottle of disinfectant. Ana tried to take her mind of the pain when he poured it on her wound and started to stitch it. She was scared that Hydra was out there looking for them. If they managed to find them, she'll go out swinging, trying to protect her friends. And the video from Zola, the man carrying the baby, Ana couldn't help but feel like that was her. She was adopted at quite a young age, no records of her parents and any idea of how they abandoned her. Nick Fury promised her would help her find her true parents, but now he was gone.