Migz'

PART II

“@ChonaLovesMigz awh this is so sweet! :) thank youuuuuuuu! so cute!”

The first time Migz heard Chona’s cover of his song, he felt something new and special with her voice. He can’t help replaying the song once it ended. Who is  this girl? Migz went to Chona’s twitter page. He clicked her facebook link. Chonalie Reyes. Studying BS International Relations at Lyceum of the Philippines University. From General Trias, Cavite. Oh she’s from Cavite too. Wow, I am becoming an online stalker. Cool.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I met this girl, she’s really nice but it’s only time to realize she’s not just someone else.

I met her friend, she asked me to, to sing this song, for because she’s not just someone else.”

‘Hey Migz! I have someone for you to meet,’ Ashley exclaimed with excitement. Chona stepped sideward for she was hiding behind Ashley’s back. ‘I want you to meet Chona!’

‘Hi Chona,’ Migz waved to Chona. He doesn’t know how to feel. Yes, this is all he ever dreamt of. This very moment. How he wished he could took a video of this. Finally, this day came. He finally met her personally.

“Migz, We’re about to start! Come over here!’ The floor director yelled at Migz’ direction.

‘See you around,’ Migz turned his back and went towards the backstage. As he was walking away from Chona, he couldn’t help but smile.  He was wearing the biggest smile in his face.

As Migz was tuning his guitar backstage, Ashley approached him. “Migz, will you sing Strangers Again tonight? It’s your fans’ favorite!”

‘I am thinking of singing a different song. Will you help me decide?’ Migz asked.

‘Hmm… You should a sing a different song. I know! Sing a song for my friend! She’ll love it! Ha Ha!’ Ashley laughed. “Nah, kidding. Just sing your heart out, you know, whatever pleases you. Do you have a new song?’

Migz shook his head. ‘None. I have. I mean I don’t know,’ Migz answered in confusion.

Minutes have passed and Migz was now standing at the stage with his guitar on his hands, the strap hanging on her shoulder. Lights were off and it suddenly flashed open spotting directly at him. The venue was on an open ground. It was small but big enough for Migz for him to wander his eyes on the audience, looking for this one girl that made him sing this song.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I met this girl, she’s really nice but it’s only time to realize she’s not just someone else.

I met her friend, she asked me to, to sing this song, for because she’s not just someone else.”

As Migz sang the first two lines of his song, he moved his gaze from left to right. And, as he spotted Chona with his own two eyes, he locked them in her face as if the song was intended for her. As their eyes met, Migz couldn’t help his heart beat faster and faster.  He didn’t know where the song came from. He spilled the words straight from his heart and he liked the feeling.

As the song went by, Migz slowly drifted away. Away from time and away from that place. Her head was filled with pictures of him and Chona. Which, unfortunately, was gone in a blink of an eye. As Migz finished his song, the crowd erupted with screams and claps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

‘I’m hoping that we’ll meet and I’ll sing this song for you