~Things Can Change~ A Justin Bieber Love Story

Part 1

I pulled the light-weight blanket over me. I had out-grew it now. My legs were freezing, but I didn't mind. At least I had something over my freezing body. I didn't know what time it was exactly, but I knew it was night time. The sky was dotted with the brightest stars I had ever seen before. I lifted my right hand out of the blanket, my eyes still transfixed by the stars. I used my hand to try to see if my mom was still lying down next to me. "I'm here honey, I'm here. Don't you fret. Everything is going to be alright in the end. And you see those stars up there? You're still the brightest star in existance. I know things are tough for us right now Macy, but things aren't always going to be this bad, I promise you that." she said, rubbing my hand with her thumb, making me feel safe in this cruel, hard world. The concrete floor I laid my head on hurt my skull, and gave me back pains, but it would have to do, I had no-where else to sleep. I tossed and turned, and after whacking my head off the concrete, I fell asleep, breathing in the sick smell of urine that surrounded me.

When I woke up the next day, I noticed my mom was gone, either off stealing food from the local grocery store, begging for food, or gone to try and find a place where she could get any money or food she could, maybe even new blankets for us. I looked around me, at the concrete walls that were stained with stale urine from the other homeless people that slept around us. I slept with my mom and dad outside. I had a little sister called Madeline who would now be three. She got taken off us and put into care when our landlord kicked us out of our house and forced us onto the streets of California. My dad had lost his job and we were struggling to pay the rent as well as trying to pay for stuff for me and Madeline.

That was almost six months ago. Six months of living on the streets, and every day seems to get worse. I missed Madeline so much, but I knew that she couldn't live out on the streets with me, mom and dad, I could barely live out there! I couldn't go to school anymore either. I hated not being able to be the normal teenager I used to be, with friends and boyfriends and parties and being able to wake up in the mornings feeling amazing about myself. I had to give up my make-up, my daily showers, my amazing clothes, and in their place, all I had was greasy hair, weekly showers, no friends, no boyfriends, no make-up, spots on my face and no little sister. I missed my old life so much.

My mom came back later that day, her hair tousled and un-washed. She smiled weakly and sat down beside me on my crappy little blanket. She pulled me into her chest, where I cried heavily. "It's gonna be OK Macy. I promise you that. I need you to be brave for me. And listen, Lisa- you know, the woman that sleeps beside me?- well, she found some fire wood and has just told me that everybody is going down to that park down there tonight, our whole community, homeless and the people with a home, and there's going to be food, and fun times, and there's going to be a stage. And Lisa wants you to preform for us all tonight! How wonderful would that be?" I wiped my tears away and nodded enthusiastically.

- Later That Night, The Local Park-

"And next, let's hear it for Miss Macy Williams! Let's give her a warm welcome!" The MC bellowed into the microphone.I smiled warmly at him as the crowd gave you a half-hearted applause. I wasn't really accepted in the community, apparently, us homeless people made the area look rough. I shrugged off the glares from some of the posher and more well-off families in the ever-growing crowd and thanked the MC for letting me sing.

I looked down at the guy with the music and signalled for him to play the backing-track to my chosen song.

"Waiting here

For you to call me

For you to tell me

That everything's a big mistake