Kiss me

*Ali’s POV*

After Marcel let me out of his warm embrace, we walked hand and hand to the entrance of the stunning park. The lovely smell of the variety of trees and flowers filled my nose and refreshed my mind. The air was clean and it engulfed me in its lightness. I looked over at Marcel and took in his appearance; he was wearing a black v neck, showing off the two birds displayed on his chest; he wore brown boots that I have never really seen before, but they looked worn down so I’m presuming he wore them a lot; his hair was styled up on his head. Overall, he looked extremely handsome, as always. In this moment, he looked more like a Harry than a Marcel. I wonder if he minds me calling him Marcel… Marcel looked over and smiled, probably disturbed by my staring on the inside. His smile caused the already ubiquitous butterflies in my stomach to erupt in fluttering again.

“It is incredible, isn’t it?” he asked, referring to the park, in his slow, deep voice that I love so much.

“Most definitely,” I replied. “Where are we going to have our picnic?” We were walking over an exquisite bridge with candles lining the rails that ran just over the calm waters of the creek.

“Here,” Marcel said and plopped the picnic basket down on the bridge.

“Seriously? When did you have time to set this all up?” I was dumfounded. Marcel put so much thought and work into this. It was beautifully romantic.

“Right after you left. I had this planned in my head for a few years now. I always wanted to have a romantic picnic with you at this park,” He said and rubbed the back of his neck. I dropped his hand and wrapped them around his neck. I brought my lips to his and kissed him.

“It’s perfect,” I said against his lips and he kissed me again.

Marcel rested his forehead against mine and looked into my eye, “Shall we eat, m’lady?”

“We shall.”

We both sat down on a blanket that Marcel laid out. It was a blue checkered picnic blanket that was the color of my favorite color. He opened the basket and laid out watermelon, two bananas, and two sandwiches. Mine was a turkey sandwich on a croissant with Swiss cheese; plain but delicious. Marcel had a twix bar and he handed me a Hershey chocolate bar; officially a perfect date. We sat there for hours just talking and laughing (and kissing). The sun had set and he stars were coming out and illuminating the dark sky. The candles glowed and set a romantic feeling.

“Come here,” Marcel said and laid down on his back on the picnic blanket. I did as he said and laid next to him. He hooked his arm around me and brought me closer to him. I snuggled into his warmth and kissed his cheek. “We are going to lay here and be cliché and look at the stars, alright? Just indulge me, babe.”

My heart fluttered at the word babe and nodded. I studied his face for a second. His plump lips were parted slightly and his perfect jaw line looked as if it could slice through any surface. His eyes seemed as if they glowed in the dark.

“The stars are up there, love,” Marcel joked and I poked his stomach before turning my head to look up at the stars. A few bright lights spotted the sky and my eyes landed on the brightest one in the sky right above us. After a few minutes of star-gazing, I got slightly bored.

“Dance with me,” Marcel said to me and he looked at me with an unreadable expression.

“There isn’t any music though.”

“Don’t be so sure, Ali. I used to sing a bit in my day,” he reminded me.

“In your day?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, in my day,” He smirked and began getting up. He offered his hand for me to take and I used it to get up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms found their way around my waist. He pulled me closer and I rested my head on his chest.

Settle down with me,

Cover me up, cuddleme in.

Lie down with me, and hold me in your arms.

My hearts against your chest, lips pressed in my neck.

I’m falling for your eyes, but they don’t know meyet.

With a feeling I’ll forget, I’m in love now.

Kiss me like you want to be loved. You want to be loved, you want to be loved.

This feels like falling in love, falling in love, falling in love.

Settle down with me,

And I’ll be your safety, you’ll be my lady.

I was made to keep your body warm,

But I’m cold as the wind blows,

So hold me in your arms.

My heart’s against your chest, lips pressed in my neck.

I’m falling for your eyes, but they don’t know me yet.

With a feeling I’ll forget, I’m in love now.

Kiss me like you want to be loved. You want to be loved, you want to be loved.

This feels like falling in love, falling in love, falling in love.

And I’ve been feeling everything from hate to love from love to lust from lust to truth

I guess that’s how I know you,

So I hold you close to help you give it up.

Kiss me like you want to be loved. You want to be loved, you want to be loved.

This feels like falling in love, falling in love, falling in love.

Kiss me like you want to be loved. You want to be loved, you want to be loved.

This feels like falling in love, falling in love, falling in love.”

His beautiful voice filled my ears and made me feel weak. I swayed In his arms as he finished singing my favorite song.

“I love you,” I whispered, not sure if he heard me.

“I wanted to say it first,” he whispered back. I chuckled and kissed him. We stood like that and kissed until we broke off and he brought his hand to my cheek and caressed it.

“I love you, Ali,” he finally says back. “Always have, always will.”

Author’s note:

Are you guys happy that I updated? By the way that song he sang was Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran and I own no part of it. All rights go to him and his label and producer.