First Date

*Ali's POV*

     It was 4:30 now and Marcel would be here in two hours to pick me up for our date. Marcel and I's first date. I can not believe that this is actually happening. I wonder what we are doing and what I should wear -- oh gosh! What should I wear? I threw down my batman comic and leaped off my bed. I darted into the closet and rummaged through my clothes. I mean, Marcel has seen me at my worst and my best, but still, it's a date. Luckily, today is a gorgeous, warm fall day. The weather is absolutely perfect; the wind is lightly blowing, the air is cool, but not frigid; the leaves are transforming into captivating red and orange bursts of beauty; and white clouds are scattered through the sky, making it appear almost as a delicate painting.

     I decided on a fun sun dress that reached a few inches above my knees and had thin straps. It was a pale pink color with black accents on it, so I paired the dress with a black beanie. I secured the beanie in place with a bobby pin on each side and straightened my blonde hair. I covered my acne with a bit of concelar and applied powder over it. my skin was fairly clear, so foundation was not particularly necessary. I applied a light amount of eyeliner hoping to discreetly highlight my blue eyes. I put on my baby lips because I'm not too big on lipstick or lip gloss. I applied a light coat of mascara to my blonde eyelashes added white eyeshadow to my brow bone to highlight it as well. I put on my blush and overlooked my appearance in the mirror. What's missing? Oh, yeah! Shoes! I put my black combat boots on and looked at the clock. It was 5:15, so I had an hour and fifteen minutes.

     I walked over to my comfy chair and grabbed my copy of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I have already read it a few times, but I just love it so much. I still cry every time A -- alright I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Seriously, go read it. Anyways, enough with my book promoting. Marcel and I share a love for books. I love all kinds of books, especially classics. Don't even get me started on comic books. I am majoring in English and that is Marcel's minor. Marcel is majoring in marketing. He currently works for a movie production company. I hope to work for a book publishing company one day. I'll spend my days reading manuscripts and hopefully writing my own book one day. I read the last 100 pages pretty quickly and, per usual, silent tears ran down my cheeks. I heard a deep chuckle coming from my door way. I looked up and my eyes met Marcel's piercing green ones. He smiled and walked over to me.

"That book always gets you," he said and wiped my cheek with his thumb. I gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Because John Green is a genius," I replied and lightly padded under my eyes.

"That he is," Marcel kissed my cheek and took my book from my hands and set The Fault in Our Stars on top of Jane Eyre. "You should've read something happy before our date, like the Batman comic book lying on your bed."

"'You've got to pick your battles in this world,'" I quoted the book. "'You don't to choose if you get hurt in this world, Marcel, but you do have some say in who hurts you.' I just so happened to choose this book," I continued.

"Quoting the book now I see. Well, 'I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up', so get up and lets go on our date now, love." He said, quoting the book a bit, causing me to laugh and get up out of my chair. I went over to the mirror to ensure that I don't have any mascara running down my face or under my eyes, and, to my delight, I did not. I grabbed my phone and returned back to Marcel. I smiled back at him and his smile widened. He grabbed my hand and led me outside to his car. He opened up my door and I thanked him as I stepped inside. Marcel walked around the front of the car and got in as well. When we were out of the driveway, Marcel reached over into my lap and grabbed my hand. He brought it up and rested our intertwined hands on the center consul. I saw him sheepishly smile in the corner of my eye and I did the same.

"So, where are we going, oh mysterious one?" I inquired after we had sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Ah, the is a secret, oh eager one," he fired back. I stuck my tongue out at him childishly and then used my other hand to poke his prevelant dimple.

"But I want to know."

"Well, too bad."

"You're mean."

"I'm not mean, you just hate surprises."

"Exactly, so tell me."

"Nope."

"Fine."

"Fine," Marcel replied, you could hear the humor in his voice. "Maybe fine will be our okay?"

"Nah, too precedented. Cute thought though."

"Fine."

"FIne."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Alright, seriosuly why do we keep quoting that boock, Ali?"

"I don't know. I just reread it and you went along with it," I said, noticing his change in subject but choosing to ignore it.

"I reread it the other day, too..." He said, seeming a bit embarrased.

"Oh, did you know? I thought you said it was too depressing and romantic for you?"

"I lied," he laughed and continued rubbing his thumb lightly over the hand he was holfing.

"I told you! Same thing happened with Pride and Prejudice, right?"

"Right. You're always right," he admitted defeat and I nodded. We pointlessly bantered back and forth until the car came to a stop in front of a beautiful park. There were trees of all different colors, green grass spotted with all kinds of beautiufl leaves, birds high up in the trees and soaring through the sky, and a captivating creek runiing throughout the open space. There were lavander trees, trees with red and orange leaves, apple trees, and more. It was perfectly perfect.

Marcel studied my face for a moment before speaking up a bit nervously, "Alright, I know it isn't anything too amazing or extravagent, but we are going on a picnic." By then, we were outside so I turned around and gave him a huge hug. He spun my around and I kissed him lightly.

"It's perfect."

"I'm glad you like it."

"Like it? I love it, Marcel. It is absolutely breathtaking here," I said and continued taking in the gorgeous scenery.

"So are you," he complemented me and kissed my nose.

Author's Note:

I am so sorry that this took me so long! I had a lot of band and I got a concussion because I fainted at band and fell into the gong stand. Please forgive me! I hope you like this chapter! Mainly just a filler chpater, but I'll write about the date soon. Hopefully today since i didn't go to band! The concussion is giving me massive head pains and making me nauseous, so don't count on anything... I'll try ot update more frequently. Oh, and sorry about all TFIOS quotes... Especially if you haven't read it. I just read it for the first time(of many may I add) and I am in love. You should go read it. Its The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I've heard they are making a movie of it soon, but I'm not entirely sure... Bye guys! I love you so much!