Chapter 1: "I didn't die"

“Allison”

“Whattt” I whined as I feel around trying to find something to cover my face.

No luck! Wait, where’s my blanket and pillow?

I feel under my head and still there’s nothing. Please tell me this isn’t one of those nights where I wake up and find my room a total mess. I literally find everything in places where they don’t belong. It’s like I sleep party or something.

“Alli” My mom, I’m guessing, calls again.

“WHAT” I whine as I place my hands on my face to block any source of light from hitting my eyes.

“Oh, nothing” she replies “You’re just late for work”

“CRAP!!!!” I turn and fall on the ground.

Oh yeah, I fell asleep in the living room. I blamed my sleeping habits for not finding my pillow and blanket. Shame on me.

I get up ignoring my mom’s giggles and rush upstairs. I grab whatever my hand touches. I put on a black loose tank top and a pair of my favorite jeans shorts.

I rush into the bathroom, wash my teeth and clean my face. Grabbing my make-up kit I go with a little make-up. I applied some eyeliner and went with the winged look and a few coats of mascara. I finish the touch with some lip gloss.

Once I’m done I rush downstairs and grab my studded vans and rush out the door.

“Breakfast” My mom yells as I run outside

“I work at a diner mom, I have access to plenty of food” I reply as I try to tie my hair in a high bun and run at the same time.

“You’re bag” She calls again.

Crap. What’s wrong with me? I run back and snatch it from her hands.

“Thanks for telling me before I left the house” I say sarcastically as I kiss her on the cheeks.

It doesn’t take long till I’m in the diner. I remember once I watched a smart commercial on you tube. Basically it’s about a guy who’s late for his class. When he enters the class facing them, the professor notices him and tells him to leave since he’s late.  The other scene is of the same exact situation; but this time he enters the class back first. He walks backwards and when he sees the professor turning, he stops pretending he was caught. The professor tells him to sit in his seat because it looks like he’s trying to leave the class. Then he puts a pack of Mentos on his desk. I don’t know what Mentos has to do with the whole commercial but it gave me a valuable trick.

I enter from the back and put my bag under the table, I then walk in backwards and Jenny’s dad sees me.

Perfect, plan is working perfectly.

“Where are you going, Allie?” He asks. I smile but he can’t see me.

I turn around to face him with a straight face on “Oh, I think I drop my lip gloss at the door” I smile as I put my hands in my shorts pockets pretending I’m double checking. “I’m just going to check if they’re there”

He nods and I walk out.

Ha! It worked. Thank you to weird you tube videos I find while having a “So you think you can dance” Marathon. Thing is I didn’t get my lip gloss with me in the first place.

I’ll just tell him I forgot it at home if he asks why I couldn’t find it.

I walk inside and grab my waist apron off the hanger. I put it on and I hear the door close.