Chapter Fifteen - Happy Endings

Minke finished pouring the last of the petrol into the petrol tank. He had no idea how much they would need, but he hoped it was enough. Minka had packed in all the supplies into the ship.

"Done," said Minke. "I hope it's enough."

Minka and Minke put the rest of their belongings into the ship. "Alright, let's go!" said Minke. He was really excited, but Minka could see a bit of sadness too. The Milky Way planets had bombed a few other planets in their galaxy again, so the war was happening again. The only way to get to Earth was to hope not to get bombed in their ship.  I'll miss this place, thought Minka, this warehouse and this planet are the only places I have ever known. Minka and Minke started the engine. They strapped themselves down as best as they could. The rocket started up. Suddenly, there was a big crash, then silence. Minka and Minke looked at each other. "What was that?" they asked simultaneously. Minke unbuckled his belt and went to look at the controls. They had short circuited.

"I knew it!" said Minke.

"What?" asked Minka.

"It was the wrong type of petrol. On Earth, the petrol blew up instantly. The puddle you were in burned slowly. It blew up the controls!"

Minka unstrapped herself and went to look at the controls. "It's beyond repair," she said, surprisingly calm. "That means we have to stay in Lop Lop, don't we?"

"Yeah..." replied Minke. "I actually quite like it here. You can't go tree-surfing on Earth. Anyway, the war is back on."

"So we're going to stay?" asked Minka, hoping Minke would agree. After all they'd been through together, she didn't want him to leave.

"Yeah. We'll stay."

Minka's eyes lit up. Minka and Minke started unloading their belongings. "Maybe we'll visit Earth when the war's done." said Minka.

"You bet," said Minke. "I have tons of things to show you there. But for now, Lop Lop is our home."

Minka and Minke smiled at each other, and continued unloading their things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Hey guys, I hope you liked my story! My friend has been begging me to write another story about Minka and Minke, since she really likes them. If any of you feel this way too, then leave a message on my messageboard, and if enough people do, I might write another one. Thanks for reading!

Yarncat