Chapter 5

Your gaze fell to the sleeping figure beside you. His features reassembled that of a young boy - you found him quite adorable when he slept. You cuddled into the couch as well, closing your eyes, listening to the symphony outside. He shifted, trying to make himself comfortable.

"[Y/N]" He mumbled

"Hm?" You grumbled unintentionally

"I missed this." He said with a hint of sadness

"I do too, Axel"

"Hey, remember when we scribbled on Xemnas' face?" He chuckled

"Yeah, and then he chased us down the street" You laughed, remembering the good times you had

"And that time when we ran to the hill in the rain and coming back home covered in mud"

"Or when we told Sora there was a heartless in the school and he came back with Vex"

"Or the time we went to the hill and-" he stopped himself, looking away

"Axel?" You asked confused, after a moment of silence, he spoke again

"Hey, [Y/N], let's do that again" He said getting up

"Do wha-" He pulled you up off the couch, holding your hand tightly in his

You looked at him confused as you both left your house. You couldn't help but giggle, remembering the last time you both stood in the rain, together.

"I'll race you" You grinned cheekily

"You're on" He smirked

You ran to your hangout spot - the hilltop, located at the other end of town. The rain fell continuously in sheets, visibility was low. You squinted to see, you realized Axel was no longer beside you. You stopped. Looking around for him to no avail. You sighed, continuing your way to the hill top. Thunder rang out through the air, you jumped at the sudden rumble. Your mind raced, adrenaline set into your veins and you began to worry about him, wondering where he had gone.