Chapter Two

Dedicated to my Boyfriend <3

Note: Short Story

_____

Nine, Ten, Eleven... Eleven deaths at the bloodbath. Then the Capitol Anthem plays and I start thinking. What if Thresh died? I look at the dead faces in the sky. Sweet. No District Twelve faces. Crack. My face turns to meet Emily from District 5. She sneaks over to my tree and lays there. Before the anthem played, a sponsor sent me a sword. I tried to use it, I'm not bad at it either. "Emily. Allies?" I whisper. She twitches and she whisper back. "Ok." Emily agrees. "Umm... do you think I look like a fox?" Emily says, breaking the silence. I look down and Emily's red hair and eye features look like a fox. "Sort of." I say. More silence. Then Emily looks scared and scales the tree. She perches on the branch next to me. I go in the direction of the way Emily looked. "Be Right Back." I tell my ally. " Ok. Be safe Rue." Then, I hop to the tree next. Over my shoulder I see Emily's jaw open. I give a giggle and continue jumping to tree to tree like a squirrel. The only noise is of a tributes scream. Then a cannon. Sucker....

"Just keep walking. We are bound to run into another idiot tribute." A voice pipes up. Only the voice of Peeta Mellark. I snicker and cafefully take out my sword. I hear some noises behind me on the ground. The red hair identifies Emily. "Look! A tribute!"  The head Career, I think Cate or Calo or somthing like that. "Leave her, she's not worth it Cato." Peeta says. Oh... CATO! Thats his name.  I sigh, I can't kill any of them now. There still way to big now.

* * * 

     "Emily! Where are you?" I whisper around the section I'm in. I give up. I make a bed in some bushes and fall asleep somehow. My peaceful sleep has been awaken by a voice calling my name. "Rue... Rue..." A voice says. I think I heard the voice before. But I'm not sure until a arm grabs my hair and pulls me into the dark woods.

________

    Cliffhanger! So, Two Sides is a short story so it will be less then 10 parts. And the 60th Hunger Games is on hold until I can find the piece of paper with all the names on it. Sorry! But I will be uploading another book from the vault. Surprise! :)