2: The Headache

Seniors were usually the least number of students compared to other levels. The reason was that from hundreds of freshmen students, it was almost inevitable that few will get kicked out or transferred along the way.

My batch started with exactly a hundred and fifty-three students in freshman year, and now we're down to sixty-one. It has always been this way. Many were expelled for violations and failure to keep up with the school's curriculum or the homesickness just becomes too much.

When you search "deadly" in the dictionary, you'll probably see "Vandercult Academy's Curriculum". Imagine having to familiarize a foreign dialect while training to be a black belter in martial arts while studying computer programming language while trying to develop a new spy technology and trying not to suck at all of them. There have been countless times that I just sat infront of my study table and cried because I had so much hard stuff to do and I couldn't keep up with them.

A lot of people think that I had it easy since I was the daughter of the headmistress. However, what they didn't know is how much pressure that title put me in. There was an expectation for me to be always on top of the game.

The first week of classes had been hell for me already. We were already asked to do a tutorial on how to hack a certain website for a certain amount of time. I mean, sure, hack a website—that's a piece of cake, but when you're asked to do a step by step tutorial about it to be passed in two days with no extensions... Gosh, I don't even know how to put my frustration in words.

Anyway, back to the point I need to get into, I just learned that Caleb got kicked out last year.

I was completely clueless about it. I noticed his absence right after the opening ceremony. I thought he was just late. He was usually with Sean but then he wasn't, so I went ahead and asked Sean when we were on our way to first period.

Turns out that he failed to pass the four-languange fluency test for finals (which constituted French, Spanish, German, and Japanese) and his issue with Brianna Roberts last year did not helped at all (that same issue that caused Alexa and his' break up).

I felt some kind of sadness after hearing the news from Sean because Alexa, Sean, Caleb and I have always been a team ever since we were freshmen. I was also quite disappointed because mom never bothered mentioning it to me considering the fact that she knew Caleb was one of my limited number friends.

Alexa also said that last she heard, he was now in college because he overqualified on the normal senior highschool's qualification test and was advised to take SAT (in which he aced as well). That's how it usually works for Vandercult kickouts... they almost always end up being accelerated under the normal curriculum even though they failed in Vandercult.

I suddenly missed the guy. We didn't even have the chance for proper goodbye.

* * * * *

I settled in Vandercult in no time. I was back with my routine at school. My class schedule changed everyday—meaning there were days that Sean, Alexa, and I didn't have any same classes which happened every Thursday. Other days, I would have one class similar with one for them or I got to be with the both of them.

Alexa and I stayed up late last night going over our rusty Russian we had briefly learned last year in Mr. Anton's class—conversing with each other in hopes of getting acquainted with the language. We were supposed to be tested for fluency in a week.

For our T.C. (Training in Combat) class, we got to fire some guns (not real ones yet, just a dummy gun with rubber bullets). I was already on the way mastery of bullseye shooting because of the multiple trainings I've acquired over the years.