Chapter 28- Camp fires

Alex's POV

We're all having a camping night. It's the summer holidays. There's going to be a big camp fire, camp fire songs and ghost stories. Me, Amethyst, Fang, Elle, Amanda and their dates. It's going to be fun.

Me and Amethyst set up the tents there is only three tents so we have to share. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. Fang however insisted on sleeping outside in her wolf form. She misses "roughing it" as she would say. She has always missed the way of the rogue but she knows going back to that will get her killed. She's strong but not strong enough to take on a full pack by her self.

Elle and Amanda turn up and they have their back packs we are in the woods by the mansion. John insisted somewhere close for security reasons.
"Hey." Amethyst loves spending time with them. They mean so much to her. She wouldn't of been able to face what she has been through without them.

"Hey" they always say hi at the same time it's creepy.

"We set up the tent so you three are on fire duty." She looks at us lads. Should of seen it coming.

"I helped." I say knowing the answer.

"I know but we haven't had a girl talk in a week." She smiles.

"You have a great invention in your pocket. It's called a mobile phone." She walks up to me.

"Pleaaasssse." She gives me the puppy eyes. I hate the fact she's so adorable.

"Fine." She kisses me on the cheek and me and I think their names are Calum and Ben head to get firewood. We are back in twenty minutes.

Amethyst's POV

The lads head off for firewood.

"So how's you and Calum, Amanda. Still shorter than you." Me and Elle make fun of him as he smaller than her but he's catching up now.

"Good he asked me to prom!" She starts to squeal and we all do.

"Ben has asked me to." We squeal again.

"I wish I could go but I am no longer a student. Though I could offer the mansion as a venue and book some bands." That way I could still make it a good night for everyone.

"Yeh but it won't be the same. We'll talk to the committee and tell them the venue Elles on it anyway." I look at Elle and she looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"We always talked about prom and now you're not coming." She breaks into sobs I sit next to her and give her a hug. Before all this happened we had so many plans for prom. 

"You know what I may not be going but I will make sure it is an unforgettable night. I'm taking you two shopping next week got it." She nods and we all hug.

The boys are back with wood and put in a cone shape. I raise my hand it lit into flames and then I use it to light the fire. I hear Ben say something like "that's awesome".

"Did I mention that I can control fire." Elle and Amanda giggle at the comment.

"So what do you want to do?" Elle asks.

"Well we don't know Alex overly well. Why don't we tell him a bit about us then he tells us about him." He nods and says sure. Amanda comes up with some good ideas.

"So how old are you Alex?" Elle asks.

"17" I hear the sound of his voice it's deep.

"Well we are all 16. Accept for Amethyst who would be 16 in a week. But know we find out she is 5000 million so she probably only celebrates quarter millions."

"Well I'll have you know it is actually my 6000 million in a week. John also rounds my name to the nearest hundred so that makes it more confusing." I see there faces drop. They didn't know. "I didn't think anyone remembered my birthday and my exact age so I didn't think it was important."

"Of course it is." I hear Elle say. "Alex a word please." So I wait until they return.

Alex's POV

"We have to plan a surprise party." She whispers.

"I think John might be you would have to talk to him. But I also know it is near Prom. So if there was a way to combine the two she would be ecstatic." She thinks.

"Leave it to me. Do you mind detracting her." She looks confident.

"Sure." In fact I know just the thing.