Chapter Three

When she saw the crowd around the observation screen.. she knew it.

She knew what had happened.

"Eureka!" Someone screamed. It was then that she confirmed that someone had discovered a planet that was capable of human existence.

Everyone cheered. But Mia frowned, she didn't want to go anywhere. She was happy on this ground because it was where everyone she ever loved lived on.

Everyone gathered around for further testing. It had water in it which meant there was 99% probability that it had an atmosphere of oxygen. If it had oxygen, it meant she was definitely going to leave the Earth.

Because the other gases could be artificially imparted due to the advanced science. Mia stared at the planet, could she walk around that planet? Could they plant trees over there? Could they have a million species roaming on it someday?

Even if it would happen, it would take a million years. Maybe not that much because of the intelligence possessed by everyone, Mia thought.

Like Mia dreaded it would happen, they found oxygen. It would take a few days and they would leave.

Mia was determined to make these days, her best ever. After all she just knew that space travel was risky and not everyone might survive. Mia had always been practical that way.

Something made remember the days she went to school when she was nine years old, she used to be a loner, not that no one wanted to be her friends or anything, it was just that she liked to be anti-social.

She liked to mind her own business, not that she would never open her mouth or anything, she would when it was necessary like to ask a doubt that would seem like she was trying to outsmart the teacher or when she had to pair up with somebody and stuff.

Mason and she studied in the same class, it was one day when he smiled at her when she really noticed him. Mason was a popular kid, he had lots of friends and the fact that he took the time to smile at her made her feel all sorts of things.

Mia had been carried away so much by the smile that she didn't even remember whether she had smiled. Sometimes it dawned upon her that how five years back everything was so normal and now everything was opposite of it.

But then she would remind herself that it was all because of that day, that dreadful night when everything changed.

It started as a small strike of sunshine and then it suddenly became hot, scientists had already predicted it might happen so the scientists were prepared for it, it become more hot and then more hot. So hot it killed so many living beings because of sun stroke.

Then the temperature got down and people started getting relived but things got more out of hand, the day passed and then in the night it rained a lot, a lot.

That caused a lot of loss. Her father grabbed her but her mom unfortunately was not there in the house, the weather changed so frequently and all of them where locked up in a place with supplies.

When things got calmer, they saw the world and nothing was the same.

Everything was destroyed except a few tress, a few humans and a few species of animals. Mia hated the fact that she was among the few. After all it came with a lot of weight.

Then all of them had settled in.

"Mia!" Dee exclaimed which made Mia to come back.

"We are going to live," She added. Mia always wondered from where this girl got so much of enthusiasm.

Mia's dad called everyone to gather around so they could discuss the events from now on.

"Everyone attention please..." He started.

"Yeah. So, a few of us are going to be in charge of conducting more experiments to see what should be taken or no. A few of you will be in charge for arranging supplies to take to the other planet. Then we'll require some for searching for survivors, some for managing things around here like food. The scientists please keep improvising on the space vehicle. And everyone please please cooperate for the next few days.

Mia immediately knew that she would go for looking for people who could be saved, she just couldn't trust anyone because most of them were pretty selfish. At least before death she would have the satisfaction that she helped someone to survive.

Then it thrust upon her that she had to try and be as happy as possible on the very short days that she was going to live here.

It reminded her about the times people used to travel to another country and they would do everything to keep themselves happy.

Like she had never done before, she intiated a conversation with Dee.

"So.. Dee, what do you want to do the last days left on the Earth?" She asked.

"I want to party!" She said and in her face it was clearly visible that she was very confused at how Mia had spoken with so much life and that too without being asked to do so.

Mia nodded.

Mia pulled Dee with her and she went to her father.

"Dad!" She called.

"Yes? Pumkin. What do you want?" Her dad asked her.

"Both of us are going to look for survivors!" She said.

Her dad looked really concerned. "I don't want to lose you,"

"And you won't." She said with the sternous in her voice. It was one thing about Mia she never broke her promises. So with a little bit of nagging her dad said okay.

Dee didn't complaint. She was just too happy that she was finally going to get some action and some adventure in her life.

They were going to leave in two days, of course they required some time to prepare to survive all the harsh conditions that they would pass. Many of them had resented the offer to go on search because they feared the lose of their life.

At least Dee's parents let her go and they joined them too. It was very important for Mia's dad to stay because his brains were very pricey.

She decided to continue reading the 21st century's book, she just couldn't stop reading it. She took it to the loo and read it until she finished her business.

Then, even though she didn't need to.

She wanted to browse through some planets. She just kept watching the vibrant colours of all the different planets, flashes of so many colours.

She saw her watch the time was 11:11, it was the day she born and then she saw the date it was 10th November which meant tomorrow was her birthday!

* * *

A/N - Guys, what do you think should be the name of the new planet?

Comment below.