Chapter 22

― Chapter 22 ―

― Jack ―

"Are we just going to stand here until she wakes up?" Tyler asked irritably. I could see him moving restlessly through the corner of my eye.

I stood in the doorway of one of the guestrooms in our mansion, leaning against the doorframe, watching Dair as she slept peacefully on the bed, completely unaware of the fact that her hands and ankles were tied to the headboard and footboard.

I sighed. "I don't feel like waking her up right now. If I get tired of waiting for her to wake up on her own, I'll wake her but I'm content with just watching her for now."

Tyler huffed in annoyance. "Why don't we just kill her like she killed Aiden?"

"Simply killing her is not enough." I responded sharply. "We want to hurt Harry, make him suffer. Therefore, he needs to be here before we do anything...excruciating...to her."

"If we need Harry to be here, why are we making it hard for Harry to find us? We didn't give him any clues to where our mansion is located or anything!"

"Harry will find us soon enough." I kept my voice calm which I could tell was only further annoying Tyler.

"I want Harry back on our side. I thought you wanted that too."

I averted my eyes to look at him. "I do, and we will get Harry on our side again." I reassured him, turning my attention back to Dair's beautiful sleeping form. "And she's going to help us do it."

He huffed again.

"Just stick to the plan, Tyler and you'll be fine." I spoke.

"I don't even know what the plan is! You haven't told me anything!" He scolded.

I shot him a look, warning him to lower his voice. "The plan is for you to do whatever I order you to do."

He scoffed. "That worked so well that night when your plan was to attack Harry and that human in the alleyway. You got Aiden killed!"

That did it for me. I grabbed Tyler and shoved him up against the wall, my eyes blazing red with anger. "Don't ever say that again." I warned.

Tyler's eyes widened in fear and I could feel his body trembling under my hands.

"Now shut the fuck up and stop your whining." I said harshly as I released him.

I didn't feel any remorse for yelling at him, he knew not to piss me off. I shut him up anyway, he stayed standing beside me without saying anything else.

I continued to watch Dair. She wore a beautiful white dress with a ruffled hem. I licked my lips hungrily, I wanted to play with her so bad. Since becoming a vampire, I used my charm and abilities to fool around with women, get what I wanted out of them, have a good time with them, for my pleasures only of course. They were pathetic humans, I was above them, more powerful; I should be able to rule them all.

But I wasn't the take-over-the-world type villain, not yet, for now I wanted to have fun. And seducing and toying with women was my favourite type of fun.

― Dair ―

"Mmm..." I smiled as I felt myself starting to wake. The sheets I was laying on top of were so soft and comfortable.

Confusion hit me when I tried to shift onto my side but found that my wrists and legs were restrained.

"Nice to see you're finally awake."

My eyes darted up as Jack came into my view. He made himself comfortable beside me on the bed, legs outstretched and his body twisted slightly so he was leaned over me.