Are We Still Friends?

Chapter 3

*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*

Scott just kept getting.. distant! that's the word!

He wouldn't walk to school or back home with me. He would avoid me at the end of school on purpose.

We wouldn't hang out every Saturday and go fishing anymore.

He wouldn't even drop by "just to say hello" when the real reason was to sleepover.

Scott was becoming a stranger little by little, and I didn't know why..

I couldn't lose my best friend, I had to talk to him.

We were back on summer vacation and I was going on a trip to Washington with my dad.

It was a job offer so he wanted me to go since he always told me that my opinion mattered too.

My dad was aware of everything going on between Scott and I so he suggested that I invite him to Washington with us.

So I called his house.

"Mr.Marshall, hi I was just callin-" I began to say when he cut me off.

"For Scott? Yes son, hold on" he said with a little laugh.

"Hey man! What's up?" Scott said.

"Listen, my dad and I are going to Washington this weekend and he said you could come! Are you down?" I said excited.

"Really?! I'll ask my dad and I'll let you know tomorrow" Scott said surprised.

"All right, hey you want to go get pizza?" I said.

"Sure I'll be at your house in 10" and with that he hung up.

It had been so long since we had a full conversation and it felt great to still be friends!

At the beginning of summer, my dad taught me to drive. I was 15 when I learned, but still didn't have my permit.

I asked my dad if I could take the car to the pizza place 3 blocks from our house to put in some practice. He thought about it but he trusted me and I was pretty good behind the wheel so he let me take it.

When Scott got to the house we got in the car and drove to the little pizza place we liked.

*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*^.*

Author's Note

Well what do you think ?

Do you think Scott and Ben will continue to be good friends ? No? Of course xD I gave it away in the Title :o

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Share and Comment ^-^