Starting School

Chapter 2

*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*

We spent our summer hanging out by the lake, playing baseball, and going swimming. Personally I was dreading the day when school started, but Scott was always ready for whatever reason.

My dad would always make pancakes early in the morning on the first day of school. My guess was so I would wake up to the smell of them and I wouldn't be late. "Ben, wake u-" My dad said.

"I'm ready dad" I said with a laugh.

"Wow, son you look sharp! but you know you still have another hour until school starts.." He said.

"Yes dad, I'm going to stop by Scott's so we can walk to school together" I said.

"Alright son, go ahead, I have to go to work so I'll see you later. I love you have a great first day" He said walking out the door.

"Love you too, dad" I said with my mouth full.

My mom had passed away when I was 6. She had cancer and died a few months before my 7th birthday.

I missed my mom very much and I wished my dad would have tried not to hide that he missed her too. But we managed to go on without her for 8 years now.He goes to work, I go to school and make decent grades to make him proud.

I finished with my breakfast and headed to Scott's place.

We walked to school and as soon as we entered High School's ground, it was so different than we had expected.

There were so many people crowding up the hallways, girls and guys making out by the lockers, guys smoking weed in the bathroom and small fights going on too, on the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

We walked straight to our home room class and took a seat.

The teacher introduced himself to the class and gave us our schedules.

After school we walked home but we got stopped by some older high schoolers in their car offering us weed.

"Hey! hey! you guys, come!" they said.

"No, we're just walking home" I quickly said.

One of the guys got off his car and just gave us a small bag.

I was scared to open it so I gave it to Scott.

He opened it and showed me what was inside.

"Jesus Christ" I said taking the bag and putting it in the trash can.

"Wow! what did you do that for? we could have smoked it!" Scott said sounding serious.

"Dude! what's wrong with you! we don't do that man, don't ever say that!" I said.

"I'm joking, I'm sorry I was just messing with you!" Scott said quickly.

He got home first because his house was a couple of blocks before mine.

When I got home I thought about what had happened to us on the way back home and I was a little nervous about bringing it up again. I didn't want to tell my dad because he would just insist on driving me to school instead so I didn't say a thing.

*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*.^*

Author's note

Second chapter (:

Let me know what you thought about it.

This is well based on a true story

My dad was Ben and Scott was his best friend :o

Anyways!

Comment, Vote and Share please! :D

Thanks for reading