Chapter Four

Time passed all too swiftly for the Weasley family, and soon it would be the triplets' eleventh birthday. Alithea grew sad as the day approached, because though no one had given it much thought, Alithea knew she wouldn't be able to go to Hogwarts. That she wouldn't be able to see Freddy and Georgie until school breaks. This brought deep sadness to the young girl's heart but she tried not to dwell on it though, not wanting to dampen the cheerful atmosphere of her home.
So you can imagine her surprise when, on the morning of their eleventh birthday, three owls arrived with letters to each of the triplets tucked in their beaks. While Fred and George ripped into their letters excitedly, Thea was more hesitant. Her letter was very different from her brothers'. This is what it said.
Dear Ms. Alithea Weasley, due to your condition, I know it would be too strenuous for you to attend Hogwarts. So I've taken the liberty of speaking to the minister of magic to have your trace removed early, so that you can learn at home instead. I've also sent your books needed for years one through seven, as well as some extra special ones. I know you'll be able to learn the basics of magic very quickly from your parents, so I've included a great deal of more advanced books as well. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to owl me. P.s. I've ear marked some pages in the more advanced books. Please read them and practice them carefully. I'm afraid they may come in handy one day and I would greatly appreciate your assistance with this matter. A trunk should be arriving to your home soon. I have great faith in you Miss. Weasley,and look forward to seeing you in person again soon. Good luck with your studies. Sincerely Albus Wolfric Brian Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts.
Alithea looked up to find her whole family staring at her. So she handed the letter to her parents, before dragging Fred and George outside with her, to the back yard. She wanted to tell them alone, knowing that they would take it especially hard that she couldn't go to Hogwarts with them. This would be the longest they'd ever been separated.