Preggers - A Teen Pregnancy Story {Chapter 4}

Sorry if you guys have been waiting a while, I know it's been two weeks or so.....I'm trying to make the chapters a bit longer, but that means there might be more of a gap between the uploading of each one :)

I'm also working on a character page, which I'm hoping to upload soon. If you have any pictures of what the characters look like to YOU, please send me the web address and I might add them on. I try not to describe my characters to much because I like them to be whatever my readers imagine by their personalities. Anyways, if you find any good pics, please send them!!!

Now I knew that I had Adam's support, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted. I felt so relieved and yet so stressed at the same time. I no longer had to worry about him, but I still had to worry about this baby, what I would do with it, how to tell my parents, it was just too much!

Adam booked us in with the counselor at the hospital and we went to our first appointment that next week.

"Are you nervous?"Adam asked me as we waited outside the counselor's office. I nodded, breathing deep breaths. The counselor came out of her office and called, "Adam and Jessica?"

Adam squeezed my hand as we stood up and walked into the room.

"Take a seat."

We sat together, still holding hands, on the red couch in front of her desk.

"My name is Nicole Miller. You can call me Nicole," she said with a smile.

"Now I understand that you are pregnant Jess? How many weeks along are you?"she asked.

"Six," Adam answered.

"Would you like to discuss firstly how and when you got pregnant?"

"I don't....know how it happened. We're not stupid. We used protection. Adam wore a condom every single time. I guess it broke..." I answered.

"I see."Nicole nodded, not as though she was judging us but as though she could empathize.

"Have you told either of your parents?"

"Not yet. We want to decide what we are going to...do...with the baby first."

"Well you have three options. You can chose to get an abortion, put the baby up for adoption or raise it yourselves. I am here to help you guys make the right decision. Here are some brochures on each of those.... Do either of you have any opinions to share?" She said looking from Adam to me.

There was a pause while Adam fiddled with his hands. I could tell he was about to speak.

"Jess, I know I said it was your decision, but I really don't think you should get an aborton. You can't...kill it. That would be wrong. We made that baby and we should take responsibility for it. It deserves to live." Adam said while staring at the ground. It sounded like this had been on his mind for a while and he had been too scared to tell me. I squeezed his hand to comfort him, like he had done for me earlier. He looked up to see my expression. I smiled.

"So, abortion is out? That leaves adoption and parenthood. A fourth option that you could consider is fostering the baby until you are old enough to care for it yourselves. Once the baby is adopted for a certain amount of time the two of you will lose all legal rights. With fostering you could complete school before becoming parents." Nicole suggested.

"No. The baby shouldn't be passed off to someone else until we're ready. It's our responsibility." I said firmly.

"Well this is a big decision and I urge you not to take it lightly. Discuss it with each other, read the brochures and come back next week for another session okay?"