Preggers - A Teen Pregnancy Story {Chapter 9}

There was dirt in my mouth. I could see colours. There was red and there was blue. The colours were flashing. A figure kneeled in front of me. Everything was blurred I couldn't make out exact objects. Suddenly, everything became clear and I vomited.

"Miss? Can you hear me miss?" asked the figure. It was a police officer, I could tell by the uniform. He called over someone else. This one was a woman and she looked like a doctor.

"Okay sweetie, can you squeeze my hand for me?" she asked.

"Okay good. Now just follow the light with your eyes," she shined a torch in my face. She checked my heartbeat, looked down my throat and asked me to move all my limbs.

"She seems to be fine Doug," she said to the police officer. "Her vitals are good, I'd say she collapsed of pure stress. She has a few scrapes and cuts, which I'll clean up now, so you can take her to the station. Tell her guardian that they need to rest her for tonight and visit a GP tomorrow moring."

"Thanks Joan," said Doug.

The station? Am I being arrested? I thought this over, trying to remember what happened before I had passed out. Doug spoke to me while the woman cleaned me up.

"Now, Jessica is it? Due to the recent incidents, we will need to take you down to the police station for questioning, do you understand?" I nodded.

"Do you have any questions?" Doug asked me.

"Where's Adam?" I heard myself say.

"Adam Westaway? His injuries were significantly more serious than your own, he was taken to the hospital. He will also be asked to give a statement on what happened." Seeing my stricken expression, he softened.

"Don't you worry about him, now! Our instructions were to take you to hospital after you have given your statement. I'll take you down to the station now."

"Can't I just tell you here?" I asked.

"Sorry hon, it's protocol."

*********

I'd never been to a Police Station before, but this was nothing like they had on 'Law & Order'. But then, I realised, I'm a victim, not a suspect. I was sitting in a chair in an average looking office, across a desk from an officer, not Doug but Cole this time. There was a camera in the corner and a tape recorder on the desk.

"Miss Simons, could you please run through the events of this morning?"Cole asked me.

"I arrived at school with my boyfriend, Adam Westaway. It was my first day back in a while, because not long ago I found out I was pregnant."

"Is Adam the father?" He asked, curious.

"Yes. He has been very supportive." I responded firmly.

"So what happened after you got to school?"

"We had barely walked in when Chelsea Hamilton and her friends started pressuring me for information, but they knew already that I was, anyway. Then Chelsea called out to everyone, telling them I was a slut and I was pregnant. I was upset, so I ran to the toilets, where I found Tiff-"

"Tiffany Woods?"

"Yeah, that's her. Anyway, I found out that she was the one who had told everyone, even though I had asked her not too. I felt betrayed and embarrassed, so Adam and I started walking across the oval to the carpark because we were going to go home. People started calling us names and throwing things at us. Harvey Chopper ran up behind Adam and touched him on the back and Adam pulled him off him, and I don't know, then Harvey was on the ground. His brother Blake came up, because he didn't like that too much."