4. There's no way!

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Lina was distracted on her way to school which must have been painfully obvious because her brother was giving her weird looks the whole bus ride. There had been no bickering this morning. Lina had gotten up earlier than normal and was actually able to use the bathroom first this morning which also mean she made it to the bus stop much earlier than usual.

When Abe had reached the bus stop and was standing next to her, they didn't even say two words to each other. Abe knew she was planning something that he would not like and Lina not only was trying to figure out how to help her brother but was also distracted by the thought of running into Miguel again.

She knew it shouldn't bother her the way that it did. It shouldn't make her nervous. What was there to be nervous about? I'm being ridiculous. I don't even know this guy why would I hate him? Lina shook herself mentally and tried to concentrate on her day ahead.

She would have to speak with her besties to try and see if they could help her find an alternative way to help her brother. A way she could give Fito something he wanted without giving herself to him; a way to trap him into a promise he could not or would not brake without Lina having to do much for his benefit that she wasn't comfortable with.

She would have to check and make sure she had passed all her exams so that she could really look forward to the escape the family vacation was going to be. They were visiting her mother's family in Mexico, not the family in the border cities as usual, but the ones deep in Mexico where the culture and traditions were so rich, it literally felt like being pulled into a different world. Lina sighed... wishing she could focus more on the thoughts of that vacation than everything else she had to fix before they left.

She also had the pep rally with her friends that was supposed to distract her but somehow she felt a strong foreboding that this pep rally was going to be anything but light hearted. Wonderful, just what I need, she thought bitterly. Maybe there was a way to skip out..? Yea right!

Eesh! When had she become such a pessimist?! Lina wondered as she gathered her belongings and got off the bus to walk onto campus. She wasn't watching where she was going; man, was that becoming a nasty habit of hers, so of course she had no clue that she was in someone's path until it was too late. Luckily she looked up just in time to stop dead in her tracks, mouth hanging open like a gaping fish. 

Fito cleared his throat loudly and sending her a smirk. "Hi babe." he chucckled, "surprise!"

 ~*~

At first Lina was too shocked to do much else. Fito hardly ever came to see her before school. The guy sleeps in until noon almost every day for goodness sake! He had no school, and no real job and no worries whatsoever... aside from the cops hunting him down constantly and the work he did for the gang that she never liked and was completely against. Infact, she was fairly sure he had killed a few people for that job, and that the cops had that along with other reasons for hunting him, but when she had been brave enought to ask him he had told her to not be ridiculous and not to worry about silly things like that.Not once did he deny the fact, and Lina knew this all too well. But he was used to all of that, unlike Lina. It came with his "line of work" as he often reffered to his activites when telling Lina pieces of them. She often forgot why she was even with him, he was such a loser and a jerk.

"Babe, are you ok? You haven't said anything." he chuckled again and flashed her his award winning smile that always made her heart race. HOW DOES HE DO THAT?! Lina shook her head and closed her mouth and was about to smile back at him when she remembered she was supposed to be angry with him. She remembered because Abel passed just behind Fito with his head ducked down and his face hidden in the shadows of his hoodie; she had seen his look of diappointment as he had seen Lina standing there looking dumbfounded and terribly in awe of this horrible person just before he pulled the hood over his face further, hiding. She hated the effect he had on her but could never control it from happening.