Realistic Ending - Goggles

This is the REALISTIC ending chapter.

Cover and artwork by Cantrona on deviantART / Tumblr / Instagram. 

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"I still can't believe that just happened," I confessed quietly, the night sky high above us and the stars gleaming.

"You still can't believe Killer Bee and Naruto stood off against Tsunade and Ay and convinced them to let them pass... or that Naruto was faster than Ay?" Yagura asked.

"All of it."

"Eheheheh," Naruto snickered, "speechless, Nao?"

"A little, yeah."

Killer Bee and Naruto bumped fists and Yagura rolled his eyes. "Take this serious, you two jinchūriki. We're at war. Now let's just focus on – "

Yagura cut himself off, just as all of us leapt into a clearing. He had stopped talking when he realized who stood in the clearing. I didn't recognize either of the two, but Naruto apparently did, as well. The four of us landed in the clearing, as Naruto gasped.

Naruto stepped towards them. "N-Nagato? Konan? What's going on...?"

"Look at their eyes, Naruto," Yagura said lowly. "They're under the effects of Edo-Tensei. You know Nagato died when he invaded Konoha through Pein."

Through Pein...?

Glancing over at the red-haired man, I noticed that his eyes held the Rinnegan. Immediately, I felt torn for the two. On one hand, they invaded my home, but on the other they literally resurrected everyone who had died in the invasion. And... Naruto seemed to genuinely like them, so they couldn't be that bad, could they?

"Naruto," Nagato greeted, his voice barely above a whisper, "although it is good to see you, I wish it were under better circumstances."

"Yeah, no kidding," Naruto muttered. "But, wait, Konan, how did you die?"

"Tobi," the woman named Konan said simply. I felt a rush of shame burn through me at that, my hands curling into fists. "Naruto, listen to us: the caster of this jutsu is in a cave, roughly two kilometers north east of here."

"Wh-What are you – "

Konan shook her head, silencing the blond with a look. "When he realizes we have made contact with you, he will take control of our bodies. We realize this, and that is why you need to listen to us now. We do not know who is in control of us, but you need to stop him. With Nagato's eyes – "

"I get it," Naruto said quietly. "I will. Nao, you're a fūinjutsu master, aren't you? Can you seal them?"

"Not a master," I corrected, "but yes. I know the sealing arrays to seal them. They'll need to hold still long enough, though."

Nagato looked ready to say something, but then he stiffened. Without warning, Konan did, as well, and paper flew out of her arm. I leapt away to the left and Yagura growled, "They've lost their free will. Nao, begin drawing the sealing arrays – we'll cover you."

Trusting in my comrades, I dropped to the ground and pulled out two scrolls. I could hear the clash of battle erupt, but I had to focus on the sealing arrays. I unrolled the scrolls. In one scroll was the appropriate supplies, while the other scroll would act as the canvas to the arrays. I pulled out the ink and brush, steadying my hand.

There was an explosion above me, and I resisted the urge to flinch.

I had to trust in my comrades' ability to protect me. If I made an error in the array, it wouldn't work and the time would have been wasted. Given that we were in the middle of war and this just became a battlefield, I figured that time was something far too precious to waste.