Day 4: Sun Burns, Tampons and Rap Battles

"What? But why not?" He asked, a cute, confused expression on his face.

"Because I am not interested! Travis, please, just leave," Carol said, cold-heartedly.

I usually stay out of her love affairs, but Travis and her would be so cute together, and she needed some love since her ex-boyfriend dumped her. "C'mon, Carol! Give the guy a chance!" I encouraged her.

"Listen to your friend. Just one date" Travis pleaded.

Carol gave me an irritated look. "One date. That's it."

"Yes, yes!" Travis exclaimed happily, lifting her up in the air and twirling her around.

It was so cute how he was so tall and big and she was so tiny. They just looked so cute, and Travis seemed so sweet...

I left Carol to be alone with Trent as I scoped out the camp for my cabinmates.

Unfortunately, there was something in my way. Well, someone.

"So I see your friend and Trent have a thing going on?" Theo asked, coming up in front of me.

The boiling sun slapped my face with its rays of immense heat, and Theo was too tall for me to look up at his face as I talked to him, so,I looked at his abs.

They were definitely some very nice abs. Like, sculpted and stuff.

"Hey! My eyes are up here!" Theo said, laughing as he pushed my chin up to meet his eyes.

"Ah, God, the light!" I fought, pushing my head back down, away from the sun.

"I know there's a light emanating from every pore of my skin, and my perfect, white teeth are blindingly beautiful, but you didn't answer my question, which leads me to believe-"

"Perfect teeth?" I asked. Theo definitely didn't have perfect teeth. I mean, they were white, but they were not straight.

"I was joking! But do you deny that you were checking me out?" he asked, cockily.

Eh, I had no shame to spare. "Sure, I was checking you out."

"So, what do you think?" he asked and took a step back.

I examined him. I mean, he wasn't horrible. I shrugged, blushing a little (not that he could tell in the immense heat).

"Well, you're hot too, May!" He said, grinning as he came closer to me.

" Um, thanks."

"Hey, wanna race to the lake?"

"You're on!"

<---«»--->

I think I was about to die.

The heat was even more intense than it was a few hours ago.

Matty had told us that today's challenge had been cancelled due to extreme heat.

I guess I was lucky that I never burned, so I had a really nice tan.

For some others, however, the heat was enough to burn and freckle them all over. Kiera had gotten burned on her nose and cheeks, and so had most of our cabin.

Lily and I were the only ones that hadn't gotten burned anywhere.

Not to mention that the lake was now basically useless if I was looking to get cooler, because almost everyone was in there.

I decided to head back to our nice, air conditioned cabin, and maybe call my parents.

Apparently, the rest of my cabin had the same idea, so we all just ended up going back to the cabin for the rest of the afternoon.