Chapter 4

The wails had stopped. The pain had stopped. The moonlight glowed into the den, revealing a bunch of sleeping cats, curled up in their own nests.

A limping, hurried figure walked around, sniffing each cat. He had found the cure. His eyes glowed in the darkness, reflected by the stream of moonlight, emanating from a thin crescent, glowing inside the medicine cat's den. Molestar would be proud to know that as early as tomorrow, all these cats would be able to stand up and fight, even their leader, who snored softly in his den.

"They're all cured." Sighed the medicine cat, Shatteredleg. He padded out of his den, realizing it had been days that he had not stepped out, for his duties had occupied him so much. He breathed in the still night air, enjoying the moonlight streaming into camp and lighting up his fur silver.

"Shatteredleg. You're awake," meowed the voice of Preyheart, standing in a spot of moonlight, head up towards the roof of the abandoned two-leg nest. The medicine cat walked to his side, murmuring softly.

"Yes, and I bring good news. I've cured all the Skyclan cats. Molestar will be happy to know they'll join the ranks of Flameclan as early as tomorrow."

To those words, Preyheart nodded. "Thank Starclan none died. You were always a talented cat, brother. You'll make Lilacpaw into a wonderful medicine cat." Praised the senior warrior, as Shatterleg flicked the tip of his tail in amusement.

"She will, she will. I'm a bit worried, though. She's such a little thing, and she may be talented, but when it comes to fighting..." Shatterleg's voice trailed off, as he changed the topic of conversation.

"Why are you up so awake so late, brother?" asked Shatteredleg, flicking his tail along Preyheart's flank, peering at him.

"Just asking Starclan to spare as many cats as possible in the upcoming battle. I fear the fight, and mostly, what'll happen to my mate if we lose, or worst if I..."

Shatterleg nudged his brother's shoulder affectionately. "They'll be safe, I promise. You can trust Molestar to do the right choices. Everything he's doing, it's for the best of his clan, and all the clans around the lake."

Preyheart turned to face his brother, worried. "What if that's not enough to win? My last battle almost killed me. It's only because of you I'm still standing on my four feet."

Shatterleg huffed as the two brothers began sharing tongues in the dim moonlight. "Starclan believes in us, brother. We must believe and trust we will win this battle as much as our ancestors do." He said in-between licks.

"We must, for Flameclan."

"For Flameclan."

*****

"Tonight we fight!" Roared Molestar, as all the cats of Flameclan gathered around him. He looked down from his taller perch in the swampy trees, his eyes swooping over the clearing. On the branch under him sat Ravenskies, Antpelt and Wyverncry, who stood slightly apart from the other two deputies. Wishstar was poised beside him, glancing often at her feet. Flintstar, on the other hand, relaxed beside him, on his left, and gave him a grateful glance.

"Flameclan is stronger than Proudclan! Our warriors are healthy, we have more medicine cats, more kits and more apprentices." He continued, as the many cats of his clan peered up to him.

"I have two powerful leaders standing by me. Nothing else can prove it. We will win!" The cats erupted in cheers, the old Ruinsclan cats cheering the loudest to honor their great leader.

More cats bloodthirsty than not. What have the clans become?, thought Wishstar, seeing her own warriors cheering for a fight amongst the many pelts. Apprentices unsheathing and sheathing their claws, even elders flicking their tails in anticipation.

"Ravenskies, you will take your share of warriors and assault Proudclan from the right. Antpelt, as Flintstar's second, you will take them from the right. They'll have no choice but to flee from the lake or run right into me, my warriors and two powerful leaders."

Eyes gleamed in the dying light. Pelts bristled. They were going to fight. They were going to win, and nothing would stop the hoard of felines, ready to get their long awaited revenge...

So they split. Running shadows, gleaming orbs, shining claws. The wind rustled slowly, as Ravenskies blue eyes, accompanied by many other figures, slithered across the border and into Proudclan's precious forest.

*****

Molestar waited. The moon was at it's highest. The fluffy tail of Wishstar flicked nearby him, as he finally looked up to the sky for the last time.

"Flamepaw, Thirdpaw." He hushed to his two sons, who crept towards him slowly, eyes wide. Thirdpaw, unlike his brother, had grown a bit in size an build since he'd been made apprentice. Flamepaw, though, still looked like a fluffy kit.

"Thirdpaw, go to Antpelt and tell him to get his warriors ready." Flamepaw's brother nodded and took off in the woods, fast as a python. Flamepaw looked up to his father, his chest swelling as he already knew what important role his father was going to make him play in this battle.

"Flamepaw, go alert Ravenskies, and tell her to attack. Thirdpaw will have alerted Antpelt by then." Flamepaw nodded, but a glint in his father's eyes rooted him to the spot, as Molestar lowered his head and spoke in an even softer voice, so only Flamepaw could hear.

"Your mentor hasn't taught you many fighting moves, and you've only been an apprentice for half a moon...so, try and avoid fighting through the battle, yes?" Flamepaw was a bit taken aback. He was as smart as his brother, and maybe not as fast and strong, but Rainstep had still taught him as much in fighting as Saltlake had done to his apprentice.

"Yes, father. I-I mean Molestar." Flamepaw turned around quickly and sped off to find Ravenskies, running through the dark forest. After awhile, the shadow of an abandoned twoleg house came into his vision, and he steered away from it, slinking.

"Who goes there?" Hissed a familiar voice, as he peered over his head. A dozen of cats sat in the trees, starring down at him, as Flamepaw realized he'd found Ravenskies's troop.

"Ravenskies, it's Flamepaw. I bring orders from Molestar. It is time to attack." Whispered Flamepaw, as the deputy leapt down and twitched her whiskers, most certainly crossed to get orders from an apprentice.

"Regroup!" She hissed at the felines looking down in the branches, as they rapidly gathered around her.

"Tornear, Saltlake. I want you flanking my sides when we attack..." She hushed to the two powerful senior warriors, and then turned to her troop.

"Fight until they've all fled, or until your dead." Were the last words Flamepaw heard from her, before she whipped around, flanked and followed by the many shadows of bristling cats, as they passed throughout the forest, and poured swiftly into Proudclan's camp.

A cry of alert sounded.

It had begun.

*****

Oh, the suspense. Be ready to expect an action packed chapter next. Like, a whole chapter of action.

Fiou, getting ready to take a big step in life today. Three mega puzzle pieces of my life in one day:

1) Going to admit my love to my crush

2) Going to watch the 1st episode of MLP;FIM season 4

3) Going to celebrate my mum's 45th birthday with a giant fancy party

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you, I'll be posting the next chapter to this story ASAP!

KBAIMEOW~!!!

P.s.: So tired. >V<

P.p.s.: Thanks so muchs for all the views on Dawn of Sunclan!!! It's so much to me, over a hundred people in the universe read something I did... Wow. Mindblown.