Chapter Nineteen

I threw all of the clothes I could find into a duffel bag Luke let me have. I zipped it up and sat on the bed, swinging my legs nervously. I was going back to Nevada to find the pack; Sebastian, Harry and Annabel. "You're crazy going alone, you know." Luke finally side in the doorway.

I nodded, letting a huge gust of wind pass my lips. "I know. But...I can't go with you because...things will happen that I dont want to happen. I need time to get over everything. I'll do my best to keep out of the Alpha's way." I say. I glanced up to watch Luke's face fall.

"Oh yeah...them. I almost forgot." Luke crossed his arms and shook his head. "Just stay on the highway and don't go into anywhere that seems suspicious." 

"I won't." I promise. My lip was starting to get all sore from me biting it. 

Luke was silent. I was silent. The tension rolled between us in a buzz. We both opened our mouths to say something at the same time. "I--" We both started.

"Be careful. And I'll be waiting for you, Eve." Luke's eyes glinted gently.

I blushed and looked away. "Yeah. I'll keep you in mind." I smiled smaly at him and stood up. I sling the bag over my shoulder and stood there for a moment, unsure where to go next. 

"Wait," Luke suddenly exclaimed, his face brightening. "Here's something you'll need." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a giant wad of cash. "It's not much," Luke rambled as he zipped it into my pack. "But it'll get you to Nevada at least." 

I grinned. "Thank you, Luke." And he quickly pulled me into a hug. I let my face be smothered by his chest. 

"You're welcome. Take one of the cars too," He sneakily placed keys into my hand. There's a garage directly in front of the house if you walk far enough. See you soon." 

"See you soon," I concluded and hurried out the door. "Sonny!" I called when I was far enough to see the garage. 

The wolf trotted up eagerly. I crouched down and ruffled his ears. "I'm leaving, Boy." He whimpered. I kissed his head. "Be good and keep and eye on Luke. Now, get going." The wolf ran off just as I opened the Garage. "Shit," I exclaimed, looking over the expensive ass cars that faced me. "One hell of a wolf-pack," I murmured and selected the car that matched the insignia on my key Luke gave me. 

I revved the engine, keeping the clutch down and shifted into reverse. The cars purr was soothing as I drove down the dirt road into town. I filled the tank there and drove as fast as it was legal to the highway. 

It took me a few hours of driving non-stop to get back to Nevada. I stopped the silver car in front of the building. "Ok." I said to my self, gripping the steering wheel nervously. "I can do this. I'll just walk up there and knock on their door. I'll say I need them and their help. I can do this." I got out of the car on my unsteady feet and walked up to the door. 

I just walked right in.

It took me a moment to find the right apartment, but when I did, my heart skipped a few beats. I knocked on the door. I heard laughter inside and then it stopped as someone walked to the door. "Who is it?" I recognized Harry's voice and felt relief.

"Sebastian," I croaked. "It's Eve." 

The laughing completely stopped. The door flung open and Sebastian gazed upon me with kind brown eyes. "Eve, what are you doing here?" He glanced behind me. "Where's Eli?" 

I swallowed past the lump in my throat. "Can I come in?" I pleaded.

Sebastian just nodded slowly and ushered me in. Annabel and Henry were sitting on the couch beside each other. They looked so happy, it made my heart ache. Annabel looked at me, frowning. I really wanted to rip off that ugly face of hers and throw it out the window. She looked a little smug. I glared at her. "What's wrong?" Henry asked as I sat down across from them.