Chapter Seventeen: Deserae's Competition?

“Deserae, seriously, you need to stop zoning out.” Miranda complained, waving a hand in my face.

                I swatted it away and sighed, “I know. I’m sorry. I just can’t focus.”

                She shook her head, “First you come to school with a strange older woman that looked like she wanted to eat me and now you’re spacing out. What is wrong with you? Is there something you’re not telling me?”

                Yeah. A lot. First of all, my teacher has kissed me. More than once I might add. And now I had detention just because he wanted to talk to me.

                I mean honestly. I obviously don’t have a problem going over to his house, so why do I have to stay after school?

                Not to mention, we’re getting another new teacher.

                Please don’t be another Mr. Carter.

                I shivered at the thought.

                Miranda sighed, “There you go again. Zoning out.”

                “I’m sorry.” I repeated, “I can’t help it. I’m wondering about the new teacher.”

                She grinned, a glint in her eyes, “Hoping it’ll be someone as delicious as Mr. Carter?” She winked.

                I rolled my eyes, “Don’t you have any other thought process besides guy?”

                “Nope.” She popped.

                I laughed, shaking my head.

                A knock came to the door and everyone’s head turned to the blonde smiling, “Hello everyone. I’m Ms. Thorn, your new Creative Writing teacher.”

                Miranda wolf whistled, “She looks younger than me!” She complained.

                I smiled slightly as Ms. Thorn walked to her desk, “She is pretty.”

                “That was the understatement of the year!” Miranda scolded, “She’s freaking hot! In a non-lesbian sorta way.”

                I laughed.

                “You, with the colorful hair, what’s your name?”

                I pointed at myself and she nodded, “Deserae White.”

                “Mrs. Romine told me that you write excellent stories. Mind sharing a few of your ideas with us?”

                I hesitated and Miranda smirks, “She’s in to Student/Teacher love stories.”

                “Is that so? Hmm, that’s cool. Anyone else good at something?” She got up and wrapped around her desk, hopping on it and crossing her legs seductively, “How about you with the jersey in the front row. What are you good at?”

                He blinked and cleared his throat, obviously imagining what was under her skirt, “I’m a pretty good linebacker.”

                She giggled - and yes I do mean giggle as in teenage-girl-in-love giggle – and leaned down, revealing more cleavage than a teacher should, “I bet all the girls want you.”