Chapter 2- The Olympus Suite.

{dedicated to @thatrandomgirl54} <3

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Alexandrite Archer}

I stifled a laugh. "You have got to be kidding me," I said disbelievingly. "That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard of! What kind of joke was this supposed to be? Oh, and your face, don't even get me started on your face, oh your face was so-"

"I'm completely and totally serious," Roxi said with a face strained of emotion, and trust me, it was a rare sight to see her being serious, because she almost never was. She was always carefree and laid back. "We're demigods. You're a demigod. You and I are children of the gods, but I don't know which gods yet...but we'll find out later, as soon as we get to camp," she said. "And don't even call this stupid, because you're the stupid one for using the word 'stupidest'!"  

"Oh just shut up." It did kind of make sense that this would be true. Those creatures that attacked us were only legendary monsters we read about during Greek mythology class; before being attacked by them, I would've only thought they something of a myth. Not a reality.

I still felt seriously confused though. "What camp are you talking about? My God, what is even going on?!"

"A place for people like us, it'll be safe, I promise."

"B-but how did you get taken away? How did you know what was happening?"

"They took me early in the morning. I was out on a walk and-" she shivered slightly. "Well you already know, but anyway, Mr. Davis told me about us. Warned me."

"Mr. Davis? What would he know? I mean he's the Greek Myth teacher but what-"

"Just hold on! Let me finish please," she asked. 

I nodded my head and looked up at her.

"Well, turns out he works at the camp. He told me there are thousands and thousands of demigods out there. Demigods just like us. He told me to get us there. He said he was usually supposed to bring us there himself but there were some younger demigods back at school that needed his guidance more than we did."

"What the heck? What does he mean by that? How the heck are we supposed to defend ourselves?"

"That's exactly why we have to get there. And get there fast."

"Are there more?" I knew I didn't need to explain to her what I meant, she already knew I was talking about those creatures...monsters. 

"Millions, maybe billions more. They're always regenerating, coming back for more, but even I don't know everything. That's why we need to get going to....camp."

Both of our heads turned at the sound of a brisk shriek in the distance. A grimace crossed Roxi's face. "And that's our cue. Let's go!" Roxi shouted as she grabbed my arm and dragged me along with her. "You better be wearing some comfortable clothes because we're not gonna stop moving till we get to camp."

And with that, we set off in search for the camp.

***********

"And that'll be $10.25 for both tickets," said the clerk at the ticket booth. Her face was bright and cheery, the complete opposite of mine and Roxi's demeanor. 

Roxi handed over the money. "Alright. Thanks."

"Once again, you'll be travelling on Train Y78 to Long Island, New York. Please enjoy your ride to Long Island!"