costume party ^^

"Zackkkkkkkkk, are you sleeping again?" The familiar, child-like voice of my best friend rang in my ears.

"No, Danny, I'm still awake." I yawned.

"You're lying. Your eyes are still closed." I could tell he was pouting, even with my eyes shut. "You can't even see my costume."

I sighed and opened my eyes. A pair of perfect blue eyes surrounded by long, dark lashes looked back at me.

Danny giggled, then I finally noticed that he was on top of me.

"Ello sleepyhead." He smiled, happily. "Time to get ready for the costume party."

I groaned.

"Ew, and time to brush your teeth. You have yuck mouth." He scrunched up his nose, playfully.

I smirked and breathed into his face, causing him to scream and act as if my breath were poisonous gas.

I pinned him down on the bed, so I was on top, and continued to breathe in his face.

"Ewwwww! Zack, stop! Grossssss! I'm suffocating!" He started making himself cough. "Oh my god! My asthma!"

"You don't even have asthma." I told him.

"How would you know, Koffing!" He smiled inwardly at his knowledge of gross-smelling pokemon.

I couldn't help but smile back at him, before reminding him that he and his mom had made me go on every doctor, dentist, and hair appointment with him since he was six. Apparently, when I wasn't there, eight thousand dollars worth of dental equiptment had to be replaced and the hair stylist ended up with a bald spot. His mother didn't want to risk it with the doctor.

Needless to say, Daniel Vangaar was the most spoiled child on the planet.

To this he responded, "Well... Shut up! You have stinky breath!"

Danny pouted, as he layed helpless on the bed. His mazarine eyes stared up at me through eyelashes that were too long to belong to a boy.

"What's wrong?"

"You're my best friend." He turned his head to the side, facing away from me.

I was confused.

"I thought that was a good thing?" I asked him.

"Well... it is for somethings, like hair cuts and movies, but for somethings it's not..." He trailed off, still not looking at me.

"What kind of things?" I wanted to know. I didn't like seeing him sad. I'd literally kill for this boy and do anything to see him smile. Seeing him like this was like putting my heart through a wood chipper.

"Like... love." He looked at me, vulnerably.

"Danny, you're my best friend... Of course I love you." I told him honestly.

He grimaced and squirmed out of my grasp.

I raised an eyebrow at him as he crawled out of the bed.

"Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?"

"Nope." He said, not clarifying which question he answered.

He stood up straight and started brushing himself off. He looked even shorter than usual, which was nearly impossible because he's barely 5'3. It was probably just his costume. When I finally got a good look at it, I stared at him confusedly.

He noticed me looking at him.

"I'm a sheep, duhh." He said, rolling his eyes at me.

"A sheep, huh?" I looked his costume over again. Everything was easily identifiable as a sheep, except for the fuzzy, bear claw slippers he was wearing. That's what threw me off.