One Mistake

• Dedicated to Destiny

Dedication: I started this before I met you but, thank you for supporting my writing and keeping me writing! :P

How many times will I have to say sorry to him? One mistake, one slip and he won't talk to me. I hate being what I am; creature of the night, victim of blood, the hated monster, the vampire everyone dreads. His best friend's blood now stained my hands. I'm so sorry Jarren! I killed your best friend and I am so sorry. Please forgive me!

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door. A knock that disturbed my thoughts and jolted me to attention. A knock? Who would dare knock at a demon's door? Confused, I walked to my door, hands wrapped around my torso as if to protect myself. Why was someone here? Who was here? What was going on? I reached for the handle of my door and slowly turned it. Moonshine poured into the doorway as I gazed upon a young boy. His long, curly black hair shagged in his face. He was quite short with ghostly white skin. There was no way this kid was older than maybe nine years old. So why was he at my door?

"Hello?" my voice sounded a lot more confident than I was.

"Hello miss. Is this the Jesk residence? Home to Destiny Rachell Jesk?" My eyes went wide. What was going on?

"Yes, I am Destiny. What is going on?" I sounded innocent, which in my eyes, I was. This boy came to my door asking for me like he had no idea who I was. Everyone knew who I was; and everyone hated me all the same. Well, everyone except the gorgeous Jerren Matthew Krent. My boyfriend who hasn't talked to me in days.

"You are to report to the town immediately. A matter hangs in the air that requires your presence," His large blue eyes gazed into me emotionlessly. Who was this kid? Anger flared beneath my shell of skin, deep in my heart. What business did he have on my property at ten o'clock at night?

"Who are you boy?" I asked him, my voice strong and calm. "And what gives you the right to be on my doorstep requesting my presence to something I have no clue about?" I raised an eyebrow to urge him to tell me.

"I am Benny and I have every right. You are requested by law to attend this event and you are expected to be there. Now please come with me," he turned his back and motioned for me to follow. I, however, only shut the door and locked it. Idiot, I thought to myself. That boy has no idea how many pranks I have dealt with in my lifetime. He foolishly thought I would follow having no idea where he was leading me.

Another knock came at my door about twenty minutes later. Not again, I thought with anger capturing my face. I reluctantly stood and shuffled to the door opening it.

"I swear to God if you are trying to get me to the freaking town again I will kill you boy!" I yelled not looking at the person's face.

"Dezy? What are you talking about?" my boyfriend soothing voice wrapped around me. My eyes widened and I stared into Jarren's beautiful golden eyes.

"Oh my God! I am so sorry Jarren!" I apologized, "I thought you were that kid again." I looked down, my cheeks bright red.

"What kid?" he asked, sounding concerned. I couldn't talk with the towns life raging a little ways away.

I pulled him into my house and shut the door quickly. "Some kid came by telling me I'm required to go to town. I'm not sure," I explained refusing to meet his eyes. I was still ashamed from killing his best friend, Kyle. Now I had to tell him this stupid kid showed up on my door and make myself seem vulnerable. I released a sigh and sat down. "What brings you down to the 'Demon's doorstep?'" I glanced up to meet his golden gaze taking me in.

He was so captivating! So intoxicating! No wonder I loved him so much... Just like every other girl in the town. He had stolen me with his beautifuly cropped, black, soft, shaggy hair and his golden personality. They say your eyes shine with who you really are deep down inside... his golden eyes, my black eyes. The reason everyone hated me, my black eyes giving them my true identity. The reason everyone loved him, his beauty, his hypnotizing eyes that betray how sweet he really was.