Beacon Hills: Happily Ever After (8)

Everyone stood around in shock. It was obvious that Stiles wasn't joking around.
"It's me, honey," Melissa tried to smile through her worry. "I'm Scott's mom, remember?"
"You're- you're Scott's mom? But- but then why can't I, well, ya know, remember you?" Derek tensed.
"Stiles," he said cautiously. "Do you recognize anyone here?"
"Just you," Stiles' voice was gentle, innocent. He looked around the room one more time. "And him, maybe. He hangs out with Scott a lot, right?" Stiles asked, pointing in Isaac's direction.
Derek nodded. "That's Scott's boyfriend. Do you remember his name?" Stiles thought for a minute, but nothing was coming to his mind. He didn't know the name. "That's alright," Derek was trying to stay optimistic. "You'll get it eventually."
Stiles sighed. "Derek, I'm tired. Can we go to your apartment? I don't feel very well." It broke Derek's heart to hear his boyfriend's voice sound so small and innocent.
"We're gonna go home soon, okay." He petted Stiles' hair. "Scott's mom is a nurse, remember?" Stiles shook his head slightly and winced. "Well, she's gonna finish some stuff up, and then we can leave."
"Ok," Stiles said with a sigh.
"Stiles, can I ask you something? It's very personal," Derek asked awkwardly, knowing he needed to get this figured.
"Only if they all leave." Stiles said it, and Derek did it. Everyone was waiting in the hall within a minute.
Derek turned back to face his boyfriend, heaving another heavy sigh as he did. "Stiles, whoever took you.. Did they, umm, did they make you... were you forced to have sex with them?"
Stiles lay in his bed, stunned. He was still as a statue. Then, Derek saw tears start to trail down his face. Instantly, he went to the boy, lifting him gently and cradling him in his lap on the bed.
"It's okay. They can't hurt you. Not anymore. I'm here. Just me, if that's what you want," Derek soothed. He kept soothing until Stiles calmed back down.
"They did," he chocked out. "They did and I hated it and it makes me feel so dirty. Derek, it scares me."
Derek kissed his forehead, avoiding the gash. "You're safe now. But there are some thing we're going to have to let Scott's mom do - nurse stuff - to make sure they didn't hurt you on the inside when they did that to you. Are you okay with that?"
Stiles nodded. "Don't leave me."

__________________________

Stiles cried through the tests, and he never once let go of Derek's hand. He had surprising strength for a human in such pain.
"It's a lot of tearing and swelling and bruising," Melissa said, trying to keep the emotion out of her voice. "He's in a lot of pain, that much is obvious. And from the memory impairment, he took some big hits to the head, but all his medicine will be at your apartment within the next 12 hours.
I just need to do a standard check-up before you leave. The infections and exposure could have left him ill, and if so, we need to know." Derek nodded and kissed the forehead of the sleeping boy in his arms.

Stiles has pneumonia and oncoming signs of the flu. Unfortunately, the pneumonia seemed to have been raging, untreated, for at least a week. It was going to take some time to get it under control, and that would play a role in how quickly he healed from everything else.
He was given a shot just before they left the hospital, and that woke him up. It was pitiful. Between being sick and being hurt, he was in so much pain. He was clinging to Derek's leather jacket for dear life and talking to no one else.
Now in the backseat of his car with Stiles sitting beside him, Derek let him lean into his body. Ethan and Danny were back in the front seats. "It's been a long night," Danny said awkwardly, trying to make conversation.
"No kidding," Derek sighed. "How're Scott and John?"
"John? That's my dad's name, isn't it?" Stiles asked, looking up at his boyfriend.
"It is," Derek said gently, ignoring the other two boys' raised eyebrows. "He's back at my house with Scott, Isaac, and Lydia."
"Who's Lydia?" Stiles asked.
Derek suppressed a sigh. "Another friend of ours."
Stiles changed subjects, seemingly innocently. "Derr, I feel really bad."
"What's wrong? Tell me what's bothering you," Derek, who had been feeling the boy wince at each small bump or curve in the road, asked gently.
"My head," he grimaced, "and I just feel like throwing up."
Derek laid the back of his hand on Stiles' forehead. "Do you want us to pull over?"
"No," Stiles said grudgedly. "I just wanna lay down with you."
Derek nodded, and as if on cue, Ethan sped up a little bit.
They made it to the apartment within the next minute, and Derek carried Stiles inside. He couldn't walk on his own because of his ankle, but Melissa didn't want him on his crutches just yet. His body wasn't strong enough.
Stiles was moaning and groaning in discomfort by the time Derek got him settled into his own bed. "mmm c-cold, Derr," Stiles' teeth were chattering, despite the heater insulating the entire apartment. Derek covered him in three extra blankets, and when he was still cold, Derek climbed into the bed with his boyfriend and crawled under the covers. He gently spooned Stiles until the boy pulled his right arm around his waist and held tightly to his hand. "I love you," Stiles said quietly.
Derek kissed the back of his head, and both seemingly fell asleep within the same moment. Both finally in the comfort of the other's arms.