Beacon Hills: Happily Ever After (9)

Derek awoke just a few hours later to the feeling of Stiles trying to wiggle out of his grasp. This worried Derek, obviously, because Stiles was still too weak to be able to support himself, so Derek bounded out of bed and around to Stiles. He caught him just in time.

"Stiles? Stiles, what's wrong?" He asked, trying to stay calm.

"Mm-- sick," he mumbled. "Mm gonna--sick!" It finally clicked in Derek's mind, and he carried him off to the bathroom as quickly as possible.

Stiles was hanging over the toilet bowl, violently sick, for almost an hour. By now, everyone else was waking up, and Derek could smell breakfast being cooked by someone.

"Drrk?" Stiles, leaning against the wolf, asked in a small voice after he brushed his teeth. "I wanna go home. I want my dad."

"Alright, baby," Derek soothed. "I can get you home within the next hour or so, okay?"

Stiles nodded, dazed, and Derek picked him up again. This time, he took him into the living room after stopping to grab a few blankets. "You're apartment's so c-cold," Stiles moaned, making Derek chuckle.

"Where is everyone?" Derek asked Mr. Argent, who was sitting in an armchair across from them.

"Isaac and Lydia are currently trying to get Scott and John to eat whatever Allison cooked. Cora is helping Melissa move some stuff over to the house, where Peter is with Deaton. We made Jackson go do some grocery shopping." Both men laughed a bit at the image of Jackson in a grocery store.

Tentatively, Mr. Argent walked over to Derek, and he placed a gentle hand on the top of Stiles' head. "How are you feeling?"

Stiles snuggled into Derek's arms, giving his boyfriend a scared look. The man sighed, realizing what was going on. "He doesn't remember who you are." Chris gave Derek a confused look before Derek answered, suppressing a sigh: "It's an effect of the torture and neglect."

"But he remembers you?"

Derek nodded. "And Scott and his dad; Isaac as well, slightly. That's about it, though."

Chris Argent took a deep breath before releasing a heavy sigh and laying a firm hand on Derek's shoulder. The action made Stiles flinch in his half-conscious state, but Derek merely blinked.

"You were his hope, Derek."