Chapter 1

Author notes
     Hello my name is kawaiikookie. It's been a long time since I wrote a story so I apologize in advance for the grammar errors. I promise I'll improve in the future. Thanks!

10 years ago.

"You what?!"

"My family and I are moving to North shrine..." I said almost in the verge of crying.

"This is nonsense, I'll talk to father about this!" Ace said with a royal accent. "Your life is here, I'm here!" He growled as he pace back and forth at his room.

We known each other since we were 2 years old. We were like yin and yang. Nothing can separate us until this moment. We did everything together. Archers , sword, political practices.

"Ace I-I don't wanna go either but I have no choice..." I said stating the fact. "Your father would have my parents killed if we stay here. Not after he found out that my parents smuggling money behind his back." I walk towards ace slowly. Scared that this will be the last time I'll see him. My best friend."My parents is lucky that your father showed mercy. His letting us go..."

"Damn it! You have no part in this smuggling act. Maybe if I talk to father-" he got cut off when the two big wooden door open and showing the king himself.

My body immediately tense up as he walks towards us slowly. His footsteps clearing the silence surrounding us. Ace glared at him like the presence of the king didn't even bother him. The king is wearing a red cape too big for his size. At one glance, you know his royalty.

"Talk to me about about what, son?"
He said as he put his hands and ruffles ace hair. "If this is about Evan's parents then I'm afraid there's nothing to discussed" he said in a serous tone. " I'm not going to tolerate betrayal in this kingdom, mark and aurora should be glad I let them live" he said as he stated at his son and me. Ace backed away from his father knowing that he can't changed his mind anymore.

"What about Evan? He didn't do anything. He didn't know that his parents were smuggling money" he pleaded. Keeping it professional between them.

I can't stop my heart to feel mellow after hearing that. Thinking about how his trying to protect me. I smile as I thought about how lucky I am to have an Amazing friend.

"I already know that" the king turns his gaze on me and smiled. A kindness that I was not expecting especially after what my parents did. " you're always welcome to my kingdom Evan" he said as he patted my shoulder "besides your a good warrior just like your dad. His my best knight" he turn his back in us and started walking outside the door.

"Thank you your highness!" I bow down as a sign of respect. He smiled back at me and left us two in ace's room.

-------------

"Man, I still can't believe your leaving" ace said as we lay down in his bed."like how am I going to hunt some ladies without you!?"

"You're an idiot, you can do that without me"

"No I can't"

I sighed " yes you can, your the handsome prince" I said and started to wink my eyes on him. "Every girl on the kingdom is all over you"

"I can say the same thing to you" he said as he stares at my face.

"Don't do that"

"Do what" he said grinning

"Staring at me like that" I rolled my eyes.

"What? You're like a brother to me... " he said sadly turning his gaze away from me. His blonde hair reflecting the moonlight. " this is going to be the last time I see you"